Automotive Exterior Design Specialist
HRU Technical Resources Oxnard, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HRU has teamed up with a global automotive OEM to find an Exterior Designer for their Oxnard, CA Engineering Center. This is a full-time salary position that offers a competitive pay rate, vacation and holiday time and a comprehensive benefits package. If you have completed an Industrial Design Bachelor's Degree or similar role, plus have work experience, apply today!
Designer – Exterior (Interior experience a plus)
• 3-5 years of experience in Automotive Design experience at an OEM
• Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive or Industrial Design or equivalent
• Good visual communication (drawing, sketching, illustration) skills
• Up-to-date digital technology (3D CAD software, 2D illustration software) knowledge
• Excellent judgment of design proportions and proposals
• Deep knowledge of American culture and automotive market
• Proven design experience in production and concept vehicles
• Good verbal communication skills
• Master’s Degree in Automotive or Industrial Design or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of the main VW Group brands in general
• Knowledge of automotive manufacturing and product planning process
• Wide interest/knowledge of creative industry 9e.g. entertainment, product design, fashion
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
• Conceptual thinking – creative and strategic
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
• Integration – joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Problem solving
• Resource management
The Designer is assigned to an interior design project from the initial phase through production. He/she contributes to the project development on a specific project/project phase. He/she provides hands-on creative concept output.
Creative – (90%)
• Researches and keeps up to date on design trends and automotive market developments
• Generates design concepts for assigned projects.
• Creates highly professional illustration of design concepts and themes
• Creates new products for the VW Brand with the main focus on the NAR.
• Develops design ideas into 3 dimensional models, virtual and physical respectively.
• Collaborates with designers and specialists in other areas (Exterior, Interior, Color and Trim, Modeling).
• Provides solutions to existing tasks.
• Participates in production design contests with a high level of creative input.
Strategy – (10%)
• Develops new concepts and product ideas for VW based on market and competition analysis.
• Applies knowledge of consumer design trends and forecasting
• Organizes relevant materials and analyses and archives them.
• Must be willing to travel within short (3-4 days) notice
• High amount of travel due to extensive contact
HRU Technical ResourcesWhy Work Here?
Great work/life balance, wonderful co-workers, opportunity to create a better standard of living.
HRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For 40 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.
Arts and Entertainment