Aerospace Mechanic (A&P) Helper
Type of Position:
6-month contract position (possible for extension / going direct)
This position is ONLY open to candidates who are US Citizens due to the work involved (Defense / Government). Candidates who are Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) or on CPT, OPT, H1B, and TN visas are NOT eligible. This position is NOT open to corp2corp, corp2hire, or w2 referral.
$25.18/hr (overtime paid over 40 hours)
• Available (health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, etc)
• Paid vacation / holidays not available on contract (but would be going direct)
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a major defense contractor to place an Aerospace Mechanic (A&P) Helper.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• You will assist A&P mechanics with the installation, test, and repair of mechanical and electrical aircraft systems. This will include preventive maintenance, troubleshooting (mechanical and structural components for complex systems such as airframe and engines), ground vehicles, etc. as may be applicable.
• You will work from and assist in the development of engineering drawings.
• Candidates will need to be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Be able to read and interpret mechanical fabrication and installation drawings
• Help (with A&P mechanics) to perform installation and troubleshooting of various mechanical systems on to various military and FAA fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
• Ability to use hand tools, sheet metal modification tools, and air (pneumatic) tools
• Must be able to read (and use) aircraft manuals
Certifications / Education:
• MUST have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
• 1+ years working with and around aircraft
• 1st / day shift (generally will be starting as early as 6am and ending as late as 5pm)
• 4/40 work schedule (Generally work is 4 days per week, 10-hour days)
• Some overtime likely, average of 5-10 hours per week
• No travel
HRU Technical ResourcesHRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For 39 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.