3D Creo Designer (Steel Vehicle Structures)
Type of Position:
6-month contract position initially (likely for extension, possible for direct hire).
This position is ONLY open to candidates who are US Citizens due to the work involved (Defense Contractor). Candidates who are Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders), on CPT, OPT, H1B, or TN visas are NOT permitted. This position is NOT open to corp2corp, corp2hire, or w2 referral.
Negotiable (depending on experience - generally $27.00/hr to $30.00/hr)
• Available (health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, etc)
• Paid vacation / holidays not available on contract (but would be going direct)
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a major defense contractor and engineering company to place a 3D Creo Designer (Steel Vehicle Structures). You will have the opportunity to work on design related to a high-tech military ground vehicle. There may be aggressive deadlines to execute design, analysis, and BOM release. Contractors will be required to complete chassis design tasks for this project and support other SME teams to ensure timely completion of projects and prototype release of BOM. This role will include design work, completing & checking drawings, loading prototype work orders, and supporting prototype builds. You may be required to travel locally to production sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Update current drawings per markups based on direction from engineering; re-master CAD drawings to current format.
• Use computer-aided drafting systems to create 3D and 2D layouts, following the direction of design team members.
• Self-check own work to ensure accuracy and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with established CAD specification and standards.
• Utilize ERP systems to create part numbers following the proper naming process and data entry requirements.
• Associate degree in Mechanical Design (or similar field). We are NOT seeking candidates with Bachelor’s Degrees (or higher).
• Creo Design experience is required.
• Design experience with machining and sheet metal
• Heavy truck or equipment background is desirable.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
• Detail oriented.
• Capable of using standard Windows Office tools including SharePoint, email, and CAD tools.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Associate degree with internship experience in drafting/design.
• Design experience with tubing or tube steel structures is preferred.
• Design experience using CATIA software
• Experience with welding / weldments.
• 1st / day shift