Our client, Black Box Network Services, has an opportunity for a Project Manager - Infrastructure, who will be responsible for the management and successful completion of project deliverables for large scale or high profile projects.
The NACS Project Management Office (PMO) consists of program and project management delivery, resource management, quality management, continuous improvement, professional development and knowledge management.
Main responsibilities: Achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness of program management through full end-to-end design and delivery across multiple industries. Perform day-to-day project management work activities using NACS PMO standards, processes, methodologies and systems. Utilize structured and disciplined practices to ensure project management activities are consistent with company initiatives and expectations and achieve high quality, professional client service delivery. Meet financial targets inclusive of annual budget, gross profit and related financial metrics within area of responsibility. Ensure project management activities meet corporate customer satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs. Work collaboratively across all levels and departments of the organization and ensure a seamless transition of work activities to execute operations functions.
Position is a salaried role, located either in or around any of our following Black Box office locations: Richardson, TX; Pittsburgh, PA; Maple Grove, MN; Murfreesboro TN
Standard hours are 8:00am-5:00pm, however, availability after hours is required as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
Occasional travel required to Black Box office & or client sites as needed.
- Execute NACS PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a consistent manner for project planning and execution activities including the following:
- Project planning fundamentals: initiating, planning, estimating, resourcing, scheduling and budgeting
- Project control fundamentals: monitoring, anticipating potential problems, identifying project conflicts, taking corrective action, resolving issues, managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and budget, project reporting, quality review and assurance.
- Relationship management fundamentals: client relationship management; project team management; and overall change management
- Assist in proposal development and contract and subcontract negotiations with the sales and legal teams.
- Create documents and coordinate with the legal team for contracts associated with Master Schedule of Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Software Licensing agreements, and post-installation support and maintenance.
- Prepare Project Roadmap with concurrence of all participating organizations and negotiate agreement with the customer, including identification of work and organizational breakdown structures, requirements creation and management, cost and material estimates, milestone payment schedule, risk and communication management plans.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, professional, or administrative areas.
- Manage the delivery and execution of projects through a balance of best-in-class and pragmatic project methodologies and practices that achieve KPIs and meet or exceed business results, client satisfaction and SLAs.
- Act as primary customer contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with clients to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Conduct recurring customer reviews addressing costs, schedules, risks and customer considerations.
- Develop new business or expand the product line with the client as applicable. Manage customer enhancement programs including all bid and schedule estimates and management approval activities.
- Issue and communicate program status to leadership, steering committee and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage project issues/risks in a timely manner, escalating when necessary.
- Foster collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute project management activities and company priorities.
- Promote continuous growth of project management practices within the PMO and organization to achieve client and organizational objectives.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Projects may include data center builds, migrations, office relocations, new office builds
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical/Infrastructure project manager, managing the project planning, resourcing, & scheduling of physical technical infrastructure nationwide/global rollouts
- Solid understanding of installation & service in areas such as network cabling (fiber, CAT 5/6), routers, switches, wireless access, LAN/WAN, desktops, servers, printers, phones related to data center and non-data center infrastructure.
- Very Strong aptitude in Finance Management- Assisting in presales estimating, forecasting, budgeting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Excellent service philosophy and understanding the challenges in providing superior customer experience at a national level while controlling costs.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills: team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, risk management, product management, negotiation & decision making
- PMP (Required)
- BISCI/RCDD (Preferred)
- Six Sigma/Agile, SCRUM (Preferred)
What’s in it for You?
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like a 401K, life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship programs and more!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box Network Services is a leading technology solutions provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 3,000 team members. Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal, State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.