- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to equity in employment and providing a dynamic and flexible work environment which allows all employees to strive and reach their full career potential. We are committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our employment practices and respect the right of applicants and employees to fair and equitable treatment.
Scope of the Position
The Plant Manager at Lawrence Phosphorus Pentasulfide facility is accountable for all site activities. They are responsible for ensuring that the plant is run in a safe, efficient, cost effective, and continually improving manner consistent with Chemtrade Values. Reporting directly to the plant manager is an Operations Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, Production Engineer, and Administrative Coordinator. EHS support will be provided by an EHS supervisor who reports indirectly to the plant manager. The plant manager will assist sales in providing technical support and other customer support activities. The Plant manager is also responsible for managing the site capital program and execution of projects. This is the top management position at the facility.
What You Need To Be Successful
- Bachelor of Science Degree. Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years’ senior leadership experience in a related management position preferred.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in chemical plant operations.an asset
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to act independently and on own initiative.
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc)
- 5 - 10% travel required. Primary travel within region to assist with vacation/sickness coverage. Travel for attendance in Manufacturing Department functions as required.
Actively manage the site’s day to day activities in the production of safe, quality products. 30%
- Provides motivation, mentorship, guidance and direction in all plant activities.
- Approves spending and other actions
- Assures product quality meets customers’ requirements
- Assures product deliveries meets customers’ requirements
- Assists at other plant locations where possible
- Provides technical support for customers as required
- Ensures proper staffing of the plant.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the site operations.
- Focus on Continuous Improvement activities/projects to support value-addition and cost reductions.
Interface with Chemtrade and other personnel regarding safety, EHS audits and addressing EHS issues. 20%
- Responsible for the overall safety performance at the site/plant.
- Perform routine daily plant walks to monitor activities and safety issues.
- Periodically audit work being performed to ensure that all Chemtrade policies, standards and procedures are being followed.
- Serve as the management representative for the site’s Responsible Care program.
- Ensure timely reporting, investigation, and corrective action for EHS incidents.
- Ensure timely closure of IMS action items.
- Assure site compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of site specific safety and maintenance procedures.
Capital planning and site project implementation management 20%
- Prepare Capital Budgets
- Forecast Capital Expenditures
- Lead small project development and implementation with site production engineer
- Support larger project implementation with corporate engineering team
Report and communicate site performance. Prepare Plans 15%
- Prepare periodic reports on production, spending, reliability, EHS, Capex, etc.
- Prepare and present same at periodic meetings.
- Prepare weekly performance reports
- Prepare annual production plans.
- Prepare maintenance PM and outage plans.
- Prepare capital and period cost spending plans
- Interface with sales and marketing to ensure site goals are aligned with the business goals. 5%
- Participate in periodic planning meetings.
- Review production orders and schedules to ensure material (type, quantity and specification) is available for scheduled orders.
- Provide site resources for maintaining a living production and shipping plan that is consistent with the business plans.
- Interface with customer service and customers as needed.
Interface with customers, regulators, and Chemtrade personnel on quality audits, and on addressing quality issues. 10%
- Serve as the management representative for the site’s ISO program.
- Represent the site in customer audits.
- Assist in or provide resources for quality investigations.
- Assist in or provide resources for corrective actions.
- Assure plant is maintaining requisite ISO records
- Assure site compliance with ISO requirements
- Assist in the preparation of site specific quality procedures
Mentor and develop site personnel & Other Activities 5%
- Perform annual performance reviews
- Prepare SMART – (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely) site goals for direct reports
- Help direct reports in career planning and training
- Prepare and maintain site personnel continuity plans
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Regional Manager.
Position: Salaried, exempt
Reports to: Regional Manager
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment and Food & Beverage industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The decision to search for a new position is an important one. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, you are at the right place. HRT Solutions works with clients to pair the right job seekers, with the right opportunities, at the right time. Our team of HR & Talent Advisors are skilled at matching candidates with their next role. We are equally passionate about helping organizations find great candidates as we are about helping candidates find great jobs. Considering all of the time and effort that you’ll devote to your job, you better find one that you love. If you’re ready to take the next step in building your career, start by searching our open job listings below. We’ve got roles across a variety of industries: Manufacturing, CPG, Hospitality, Technology, Pharma, and more.