HRT Solutions Mexico, MO
- Posted: 16 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
At HWI our Die Designer’s support HWI’s mission and vision to drive industry performance and deliver quality results. This role is the core of our machining operations success. The Die Designer is responsible for designing and developing dies for manufacturing of new and existing refractory products. The Die Designer is also responsible for maintaining a clean & safe work environment as well as maintaining professional working relationships with co-workers. Job duties vary daily, but all are focused on the machining custom products used in the forming of fired brick, used in the refractory industry.
Position will be responsible for:
- Designs molds for brick manufacturing and maintenance parts for plants using Solid Works utilizing engineering models, piece part drawings, or components and assemblies
- Generates CNC programs for machines, for both Machining Centers and Wire EDM using Master Cam.
- Works with machinists to ensure programs are executed and written using the most efficient machining methods.
- Maintains data communication from programming system to machines.
- Maintains all system backups, drawing, and program files.
- Order purchased components when required.
- Make engineering changes to existing designs.
- Work with machine shop directly during the build and development of all dies to ensure design and tool create a part the meets and exceeds customer standards.
- Report project status to management on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment assisting other designers and tool room staff with projects to achieve the highest quality product in time sensitive situations.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Physical Activity: Requires more than 2/3 of the time standing, walking, using hands and fingers, reaching, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, speaking, hearing, tasting or smelling; requires less than 1/3 of the time sitting.
- Lifting: Requires lifting up to 10 pounds more than 2/3 of the time; and lifting more than 100 pounds less than 1/3 of the time.
- Vision: Requires accurate close, distance, color and peripheral vision, including the ability to adjust focus and use peripheral vision.
- Environment: Requires more than 2/3 of the time working near moving mechanical parts, and being exposed to fumes, airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions; 1/3 to 2/3 of the time in wet or humid conditions, in extreme heat or cold, and exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; and less than 1/3 of the time in an office setting, in high places, at risk of electrical shock and near vibration.
- Noise: Requires working in very loud conditions (over 85 decibels).
- Vocational training or an apprenticeship is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years Die Design experience
- Ability to read and follow route sheets/Blueprints.
ManufacturingView all jobs at HRT Solutions