Bally Design is a Pittsburgh-based product design consultancy of industrial, graphic, and interface designers; facilitators, researchers, and engineers; creative thinkers and healthy skeptics. Bally is rooted in user-centered design thinking, never ending curiosity, and frequent experimentation. Our studio is located in Pittsburgh's vibrant market neighborhood known as the Strip District.
The Administrative Assistant provides high level administrative support from small tasks to big projects for the President/CEO. The Administrative Assistant skillfully handles sensitive and confidential matters in a tactful and effective manner while maintaining absolute confidentiality and discretion.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and maintains complex and detailed calendars, makes and adjusts appointments, and tracks expenses.
- Composes and prepares correspondence, memos, and presentations.
- Organizes and maintains files.
- Provides direction and follow up of assignments.
- Coordinates and manages logistics of both internal and external meetings.
- Participates in staff meetings, maintains agenda items, minutes, and follow up on action items.
- Books travel arrangements including air, hotel, restaurant, ground transportation.
- Organizes aspects for offsites and external events including catering and transportation.
- Some work is necessary to be conducted after hours or on weekends.
- Anticipates needs and takes self-directed actions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, business, and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, ability to show initiative, and work independently.
- Shows professionalism, good judgement, and the ability to manage confidential information appropriately and sensitively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-task, and effectively prioritize conflicting assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, scheduling meetings, managing calendars, and meeting deadlines.
- The ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment while being able to take general instructions and drive tasks through completion.
- Handle regular activities without prompting and advise in advance with issues or delays.
- Flexible schedule that allows the ability to answer calls, texts, and emails as needed.
- Ability to grasp the tactical details; strong attention to detail.
- Responsible for miscellaneous administrative duties.
- Lead and coordinate ad hoc projects as requested.
- Degree preferred; appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least 5-10 years of administrative experience
- Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgement.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- Ability to organize.