Location: Woodbine, NJ
Duration: 3 Months
Driver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection of Waste and /or Recyclable material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Works in accordance with the client's Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by the client or directed by the Route Manager.
• Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
• Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
• Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
• Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Must have less than 1 year of previous experience in the field.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, and criminal history.
• Ability to work in fast paced, team environment.
• Ability to acquire a Commercial Drivers license
Location: Woodbine, NJ
HRSHireResource Staffing (HRS) has helped growing businesses locate the highest quality skilled craft talent since 1997. Whether you are searching for the right candidates to fill a position or you are a skilled craftsman seeking the best employment opportunity, HRS stands ready to serve your needs.