Senior Geologist/Environmental Scientist
- $60,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
HRP Associates, Inc. is seeking a Senior Geologist/Environmental Scientist with 4 to 7 years’ experience to support our team in Clifton Park, NY. This candidate will primarily be responsible for supporting initiatives related to a portfolio of projects under the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s (NYSDEC’s) Standby Engineering Contract. This could include performing file reviews, site assessments, soil and groundwater delineation, and site remediation across widely varied conditions, and within a broad geographical area. In addition, the successful candidate will support office growth with respect to existing and prospective clients within New York, including but not limited to State Brownfields, Office of General Services (OGS) remediation and tank design projects, as well as private and municipal clients. The objective is to be part of a growing team, strengthening and expanding HRP’s expertise and influence within New York State.
Responsibilities will include (depending on experience level & position):
- Field team supervision
- Subcontractor oversight
- Environmental data management
- Site assessments
- Conceptual site model development
- Remediation design and implementation
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Report and proposal preparation
- Budget development
- Client and stakeholder interaction
- Staff mentoring
- Other duties as assigned
Work experience and knowledge to include (depending on experience level & position):
- Multi-media field sampling and logging techniques
- Oversight and management of subcontractors
- Monitoring well design and installation
- Geospatial data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of regulatory framework in the Northeast
- Environmental site assessments (Phase I/II/III)
- Due Diligence support
- Site construction oversight and management
- Report preparation and an aptitude for technical writing
- Groundwater/soil remediation technologies relative to chlorinated solvent, petroleum hydrocarbon, emerging contaminants, and Manufactured Gas Plant sites.
- Consulting experience
- Has PE and/or PG or interested in attaining professional licensure(s)
- GIS skills
- General or working knowledge of NYSDEC assessment, investigation, remedial programs, state, and federal funding mechanisms.
We are looking for creative, results driven individuals with strong backgrounds in environmental science, hydrogeology, geochemistry, geology, or related fields.
Applicants need to be capable of working both independently and in a team setting that is fully supportive of our clients, as well as other employees.
Travel up to 50% of the time may be required. Travel would primarily be in New York State but could extend to out-of-state areas as needed.
Candidates should possess a BS and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. This is an opportunity for self-motivated professionals interested in a career in a fast-paced and flexible work environment.
Benefits & Company Culture:
The vision of HRP Associates, Inc. is reliant on the expertise of our dedicated professionals who provide excellent consultation to our loyal clientele. We lead the industry in our commitment to employee growth and satisfaction in a positive, gratifying, and challenging workplace environment. We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package to qualified employees.
We are always searching for top talent to join our growing team throughout HRP’s various locations. We constantly promote a fun and dynamic company culture, as well as a great work-life balance. Ideal candidates will enjoy working in team settings, participating in company-wide events and outings, possess a positive attitude, and can relate to our internal cultural motto of, “Work hard, play hard!”
Other major benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Company-sponsored Profit-Sharing Pension Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
HRP Employee Resource Groups:
- HRP Women - supports the professional and personal development for women employees while bringing awareness to women’s issues and fostering an inclusive environment.
- 312 Committee - organizes employee events to support our culture and employee relationships
- Giving Group - coordinates events with local charities and organizations
- Wellness Committee- promotes health and wellness
Who We Are:
HRP Associates, Inc. is a full-service environmental engineering and hydrogeology firm headquartered in Farmington, CT, with regional offices in Derby (CT); Plymouth, Massachusetts; Saint Charles, Missouri; Clifton Park, New York; Winston-Salem, NY; and Greenville & Charleston, South Carolina. We also have satellite offices in Charlotte, North Carolina; San Diego, California; and Houston, Texas.
HRP's staff of professionals includes chemical, civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineers; inspectors; geologists; hydrogeologists; and industrial hygienists.
For more information on job postings in all our offices and to find out more about the company, please visit our website at www.hrpassociates.com and our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/HRPAssociatesInc. HRP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
HRP Associates, Inc.Clifton Park, NY
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.