**Excellent opportunity to join our team in Jackson, MS at The King Edward
Our Property Management company is seeking an apartment industry-experienced and talented Assistant Property Manager. In this integral role, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient accounting operations of the property. Key areas include bookkeeping, reporting, posting rent and collections. This position also assists with leasing and supporting our resident services; cultivating positive resident relations and resident retention.
· Responsible for the operation of the community in the Property Manager's absence. Assist the Property Manager in solving resident problems and on-going resident relations.
· Post rent to the computer tracking system; perform bookkeeping functions as needed
· Efficient and timely reporting, maintenance and submission of all administrative forms, files and reports.
· Review invoices, vendor service, material charges, coding and processing for payment.
· Assist with community newsletter production and external marketing initiatives
· Lease to qualified prospects by showing available apartments. Assist with the lease renewal program with initial contact and follow-up on residents.
· Ensure efficient and courteous response to all resident requests.
HS/GED required, college a big plus.
Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience in multi-family/apartment industry preferred