Corporate Director of Centralized Accounting Services
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Corporate Director of Centralized Accounting Services is responsible for providing oversight to the centralized accounting corporate staff which includes ensuring that the financial operations and activities of assigned HRIL properties are conducted in compliance with applicable policies, standards, and procedures. This role must ensure that adequate controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the organization. This position serves as the key conduit for corporate/property communications with regards to financial matters.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Hospitality Accounting or related field and a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/Finance concentration.
- Must be proficient in the use of various property management system software platforms as well as the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to clearly convey information and ideas including complex or technical issues, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with, understand and interpret financial information, hotel operations data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to prioritize regional, or hotel, or departmental functions in order to meet all deadlines.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with employees and clients in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with HRI standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Comply at all times with HRI standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Continually focus on training and development programs for accounting associates to cultivate the "brightest" and "best" talent within the industry.
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively assisting in recruiting, reviewing, recommending, and maintaining an inventory of property accountants for the organization.
- Assist the Regional Controller in overseeing the development of a viable action plan(s) to establish timelines, and address issues such as staffing and training requirements, re-engineering of work, hardware/software needs, integration of new standards/procedures, maintaining operational continuity and related transition activities.
- Plan and promote synergy and effective pooling of resources among HRI hotels to form an integrated system of financial management which collectively focuses on achieving company objectives and maximizing profitability.
- Directly supervise a team of property accountants and/or Accounting Managers. Assist them in managing various financial related tasks through the direction of the regional Controller.
- Perform detailed financial reviews at their assigned properties.
- Ensure compliance with HRI internal controls as per the S.O.P., and interface with the External Audit to foster a cooperative atmosphere between management and Audit.
- Establish, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures designed to achieve company objectives, operational goals, and legal requirements.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness of resource (staffing) utilization, and the quality and quantity of services provided.
- Ensure that corporate-mandated policies, procedures, directives, and decisions are communicated fully and objectively to assigned hotels.
- Direct the timely implementation of new automated financial systems and practices at assigned hotels.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This will include the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits.
- Monitor hotel revenues/expenses and ensure the accurate recording as per HRI established guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes; assist management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance, and other regulatory contracts.
- Direct or prepare all financial reports in accordance with HRI requirements, meeting various due dates, i.e.,:
Financial Statements Forecasting
Key Statistics Report
After utilizing third party hotel managers for several years, HRI Properties created HRI Lodging in 2000 to achieve the operating standards and financial performance they expected as hotel owners themselves.
Today, HRI Lodging manages properties for multiple owners across the United States and has assisted in the development of more than $1 billion in HRI Properties' hotel projects proudly bearing some of the most prestigious brands in the industry. In addition, five properties are managed through an arrangement with MetWest Terra.
HRI Lodging's FF&E and procurement services also provide oversight for capital expenditures and major products in development and acquisition/redevelopment.
HRI LodgingWhy Work Here?
Opportunity to grow with a diverse and collaborative company.
HRI Properties is a diversified, national real estate company engaged in the ownership, development and management of upscale-branded and independent hotels, luxury apartments and mixed-use properties in the top 40 urban markets. Founded in 1982 by Edward B. Boettner (1933-2000) and Pres Kabacoff, HRI Properties is dedicated to the pursuit of revitalizing cities by creating diverse, vibrant and sustainable communities. Since 1982, HRI has completed more than 80 projects involving more than $2.5 billion of total invested capital, which include over 5,000 apartment units, over 5,000 hotel rooms, and more than 1.4 million square feet of office and retail space. After utilizing third party hotel managers for several years, HRI Properties created HRI Lodging in 2000 to achieve the operating standards and financial performance they expected as hotel owners themselves. Today, HRI Lodging manages properties for multiple owners across the United States and has assisted in the development of more than $1 billion in HRI Properties' hotel projects proudly bearing some of the most prestigious brands in the industry. In addition, five properties are managed through an arrangement with MetWest Terra. HRI Lodging's FF&E and procurement services also provide oversight for capital expenditures and major products in development and acquisition/redevelopment. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
812 GravierNew Orleans, LA
Finance and Insurance