**This opportunity is based in New Orleans, LA
Job Title: Accountant
Supervision Exercised: Staff Accountants
Supervision Received: Regional Controller, and Assistant Regional Controller
The Accountant is responsible for overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and systems of multiple properties in accordance with company standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended.
· Set up and organize work station with designated supplies, forms and resource materials
· Answer telephone within three rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
· Maintain accurate and organized files on assigned properties.
· Ensure Staff Accountants complete DRR reporting and uploading for assigned properties on a daily basis.
· Ensure Staff Accountants complete Weekly Cash O/S Reporting, Wire notifications, and Cash Activity reporting.
· Training of Staff Accountants on various tasks
· Approve all Accounts Payable Invoices for assigned properties weekly.
· Balance Sheet Reconciliations
· Month End Journal Preparation and Processing
· Sales Tax Preparation and Filing
· Cash Reconciliation
· Internal Income Auditing
· Weekly/Monthly Corporate Reporting
· College degree
· Must be able to communicate in English with guests, visitors, vendors and staff
· Must be able to provide legible communication
· Must be able to compute mathematical calculations
· Two years accounting experience
· Experience with computers, calculators, or word processors
· Possess an independent work ethic to perform job functions without supervision
· Ability to focus on details and resolve numerical problems in a timely manner
· Ability to prioritize, organize, follow through and multitask
All positions require service minded team players with personable, enthusiastic and outgoing personalities. We offer many benefits for full time employees such as medical, dental, life insurance, 401K, paid time off, discounted hotel stays and more. Pre-employment background screening is required as a condition of employment. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled