• Ensure Staff Accountants complete DRR reporting and uploading for assigned properties on a daily basis.
• Ensure Staff Accountants complete Weekly Cash O/S Reporting, Wire notifications, and Cash Activity reporting.
• Training of Staff Accountants on various tasks
• Training/Overseeing of Property Accounting Managers on ensuring audit compliance
• Ensure Property Accounting Managers are managing accounts receivables, and control ledgers
• Ensure Property Accounting Managers are managing credit card processing and credit card chargebacks
• Weekly approval of property tips and banquet gratuity payroll disbursements
• Weekly approval of all Accounts Payable Invoices for assigned properties
• Semi-Monthly Month to Date PMS/POS systems audits
• Ability to work with General Managers/Accounting Managers on Capital Expenditure Monthly Reviews to ensure appropriate GAAP compliance
• Month End Journal Preparation and Processing based on GAAP standards
• Monthly Operating Statement Financial Reviews with General Managers
• File and remit all State and Local Sales Tax Requirements
• Monthly Audited Cash Reconciliations
• Monthly Audited Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Internal Income Auditing
• Weekly/Monthly Corporate Reporting
Preferred Level of Education:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Computer Knowledge or Technical Requirements:
• Two years accounting experience
• One year hotel accounting experience (OnQ PMS, Opera PMS, and/or Micros POS preferred)
• Must be proficient in Excel and Work with the ability to assemble and understand integrated spreadsheets.
• Must be able to communicate proficiently in English with guests, visitors, vendors and staff
• Must be able to provide legible communication
• Must be able to compute mathematical calculations
• Experience with computers, calculators, or word processors
• Possess an independent work ethic to perform job functions without supervision
• Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgement
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent confidential data
• Ability to focus on details and resolve numerical problems in a timely manner
• Ability to prioritize, organize, follow through and multitask
Sitting for extended periods of time.