Assistant General Manager
HRI Development LLC Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Work closely with the General Manager. Responsible for the general operation of staff functions relating to guest rooms, housekeeping, maintenance and repair and security. Responsible for operation of all aspects of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager, and perform specific tasks as requested by the General Manager.JOB DUTIES
- Assist the General Manager to maintain regular attendance in compliance with the hotel’s standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel, but which will include mandatory daily WBR meeting.
- Always comply with the hotel’s standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales, conduct a daily business review meeting focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account calls each person will make and the potential business results of these calls.
- Tour the operational department’s daily making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Assist the General Manager in conducting weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self, and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Assist the General Manager in meeting all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Assist the General Manager with oversight of all hotel departments, including contract services.
- Attend all monthly financial review with all department managers, and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels establish by HRIL/MWTH, as well as maintaining a standard checkbook accounting procedure.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required MOD coverage as scheduled.
- Adhere to all HRIL/MWTH (and Brand if applicable) Management policies and train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the budget process and strategy sessions as required.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department on a regular basis.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment, which focuses on the guest through employee development and motivation.
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Assist the General Manager to ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the corporate office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure that cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventative maintenance programs with department managers.
- Ensure that all managers follow the standards of their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to hotel standards.
- Meet all clients on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
- Stay visible in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Conduct monthly credit meetings and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
- Perform any other duties as requested by General Manager and/or Corporate Executives.
- Bachelor’s degree or specific work-related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in hotel management.
- Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
- Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Ability to speak effectively in English before groups such as guests, clients, vendors or employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Yield Management Systems programs, Property Management System (PMS) programs, Daily Revenue System (DRS) programs, Central Reservation System programs
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, etc.
Following all precautions as instructed by the CDC, the State of VA, Hilton and HRI Properties.
HRI Development LLC
RetailView all jobs at HRI Development LLC