- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk (Part-Time)
Departments: Accounting & Finance
Supervision Exercised: Accounting Department
Supervision Received: Hotel General Manager and Centralized/Corporate Accounting
The purpose of this position is to oversee the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and systems at
the property level according to HRI Lodging standards. The Accounting Clerk will provide a support role in many accounting
related issues at the property.
• One year front desk/night audit.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, scanners and
printers and automated property management systems.
• Ability to communicate in English with guests, visitors, vendors, and hotel staff.
• Ability to provide legible communication.
• Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
• Ability to 10-key by touch.
• Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with hotel staff.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent hotel data.
• Possess an independent work ethic to perform job functions with limited supervision.
• Ability to work cohesively with other departments and coworkers as part of a team.
• Maintain high level of office organization by daily filing routine of all job related files.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Income Audit
o Oversee and ensure night audit functions are complete and accurate on a daily basis
o Verify credit card transmission from prior day is balanced and submitted accurately prior to deadline
o Audit House Accounts and Group Master Accounts, Guest Ledger and Deposit Ledger on a regular basis
o Audit coupons and make adjustments accordingly as part of our Coupon Program; Route vouchers to
• Accounts Receivable
o Bill Third Party (.com) appropriately and timely
o Process brand related advance purchase (i.e. Hilton Advance Purchase) weekly and accurately in hotel
• Accounts Payable
o Ensure each invoice received, stamped, documented, and has been properly routed to approving manager
o Ensure GM signature and accurate coding on all invoices prior to weekly submittal
o Maintain copies of each invoice for on-property retention/research along with high level of organization of
o Log then send original, signed/approved invoices to Centralized AP for processing
o Attach check copies to on-property invoice copies that have been paid
o Maintain organized retention of check registers
o Research vendor disputes/inquiries along with statement reconciliation regarding unpaid/outstanding
o Ensure proper control measures are adhered in compliance with HRIL standards
• Other General Responsibilities
o Assist with monthly house bank audit
o Maintain compliance with HRIL standards/regulations and Audit Compliance to ensure safe and efficient
operation of the hotel
o Maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with HRIL standards
o Embrace and utilize philosophies to include a friendly, service oriented outlook and maintaining high
standards of personal appearance and grooming
o Respond to guest telephone, credit card inquiries and chargebacks in an effective and timely manner
o Be directly involved with all inventoried balanced sheet items (i.e. F&B, Pantry, Gift Shop, Other, etc.)
o Maintain organized storeroom(s) for long-term record retention of all accounting records
o Maintain adequate record of sales tax exemption reports as well as State and Local documents
o Maintain on-site copy of all contracts, legal agreements, licenses, permits, insurance and other regulatory
o Maintain critical date list with associated documents organized in binder for HRIL reporting
o Attends and contributes to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships between
o Communicate necessary reports and information to corporate office(s)
o Month end journal preparation to assist with closing
o Be an active member with P&L review with GM and/or department heads
o Any other duties as assigned by management or supervisors
HRI Development LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at HRI Development LLC