The Warehouse Feed Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all inventory product, with an emphasis on feed, is accurately received from the supplier and handled efficiently in the warehouse before it reaches the final destination. This position is also responsible for assisting with customer service, the leather department, deliveries and building maintenance, and driving company vehicles as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate, detailed records of all inventory products entering and leaving the warehouse.
- Monitors the product's condition upon arrival and documents damages and overages and shortages.
- Loads and unloads inventory product while it is being received or when it is being delivered or shipped.
- Ensures the safety of the product in the warehouse.
- Pulls orders and assembles in a designated area for outbound delivery.
- Maintains a clean warehouse and ensures that safety issues are addressed.
- Operates all warehouse machinery according to safety codes.
- Assists, as necessary, in producing name plates and routine maintenance in the leather department.
- Assists, as necessary, in driving a company vehicle for deliveries and pickups.
- Responsible for assisting with the building maintenance requirements. Will bring forth any maintenance issues to the attention of management for resolution.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possesses the ability to work rapidly to meet receiving and loading deadlines.
- Applies good record-keeping skills and pays attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle strenuous and physical working conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a forklift and other warehouse equipment safely and responsibly.
- Exhibits resourcefulness.
- Prefer one (1) year of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Prefer one (1) year of experience in a record-keeping function.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- High School Degree or GED required
Physical Requirements Essential to Perform the Duties of the Job
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers in person to assist.
- Frequently exposed to extreme temperature changes for extended periods Occasionally operates telephone to call employees or customers.
- Frequently lifts objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds when moving products and supplies.
- Frequently loads and unloads multiple bags of feed and shavings by hand.
- Frequently operates large machinery, including a forklift.
- Frequently stoops, bends, or kneels to inspect products.
- Frequently remains in a standing position on a hard surface to perform duties.
- Occasionally uses the computer with fingers and hands when searching information and looking at available products.
- Seldom remains in a sitting position at a desk to perform customer service duties.
- Regularly drives a motor vehicle to deliver and pick up inventory at scheduled locations, requiring good vision, and hand eye coordination.
HRG Retained SearchLexington, KY
Transportation and Storage
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.