Chief Operating Officer
HRCoach Peoria, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the company. Assists the CEO in the aggressive and successful growth of the company. Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of company, the COO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency, clarity, and consistency.
Reports to: CEO
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Designations (licenses required):
- Licenses and Registrations as required by Federal and State Insurance and Securities Regulations
Strategy and Vision
- Spearheads the development, communication and growth of the practice
- Create measurable criteria for the executive team
- Creates and supports opportunity for Center of Influence (COI) relationships
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external and provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company
- Responsible for the information technology and computer systems that support the firm’s goals
- Motivates and leads a high-performance team
- Attracts, recruits and retains required members of the team
- Aids in employee management along side Advisors, Operations Managers or HR Managers
- Collaborates with the team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the company
- Lead with integrity and confidence while keeping ego in check.
- Create a positive success-oriented culture within the company
- Help with raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the company to meet sales, growth and market share objectives
- Collaborate with other C-Suite colleagues in making decisions for the firm including
- Set budgets
- Evaluate expenditures
- Fund/ evaluate projects
- Represent the firm with clients, investors and business partners
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 10+ years of experience of related experience and/or training.
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Continuing education – lifelong learning is expected.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential and mandatory.
- Able to use MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Adobe, Skype, accounting software, contact management systems, database software and other software tools as necessary.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong need for affiliation.
- Ability to take significant initiative and leadership.
- It is essential that the COO role has a high degree of integrity, honesty, ambition, assertiveness, commitment and trust. The financial health, image and goodwill of the company are highly influenced by the person holding this position.
- The successful COO will have excellent inter- and intra-personal relationship skills, effective communication skills and the willingness to show empathy and understanding for various points of view.
- Able to communicate with clients in a professional, clear and concise manner. Must exercise discretion in dealing with the personal information of clients.
BusinessView all jobs at HRCoach