Our client is a leading Medical Center and is seeking a well-experienced Sr. HR Consultant for Labor Relations (HRCLR) to support in the broad administration of Employee Relations and Labor Relations. Position is located on the Greater Los Angeles area.
This position serves as the “point of service” delivery in the provision of labor relations services and provides expert guidance in the practice of labor relations. In this capacity, the HRCLR provides specialized services in the disciplines of employee relations and labor relations. This includes education, consultation, mentorship, conflict mediation, and administration of human resources policies, procedures and practices, and collective bargaining agreements. The Sr. HR Consultant will deliver service through consultation. Line managers make decisions and HRCLR provides advice and support. The focus is on meeting broad organizational needs and objectives, carrying out the organization’s labor relations philosophy. The position functions autonomously with minimal supervision, a high level of political acumen and is expected to make decisions, handle complex problems, and provide support to clients including handling the same issue with both employees and management. Collaboration with the HR team in the provision of HR advising services is required. Incumbent must demonstrate a high-level of independence, creativity, analytical skills and participate in project work.
· B.A./B.S. and/or SHRM Certification preferred.
· 4-7 years relevant Labor Relations experience (with demonstrated experience in multiple HR disciplines including but not limited to: Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Training and Recruitment).
· Experience with union and non-union workforces.
· Current knowledge of business practices, operational management including outcomes orientation.
· Current knowledge of HR practices and profession including state and federal laws and regulations.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including superior oral and written communications.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including tolerance for ambiguity.
· Ability to lead through influence.
· Strong computer skills including Windows, Exchange/Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS.
· Prefer 2-5 years’ experience in healthcare industry or other service industry.
· Prefer current and progressively responsible experience as a Human Resources business partner.
· Ability to travel to departments and various locations both throughout the Medical Center and offsite.
· Ability to work evening, night and weekend shifts as needed commensurate with Medical Center operations.