The Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the senior level Human Resources Management.
Position reports to an HR Manager, and is located in the South Bay/Orange County area.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform a variety of Human Resources Generalist and Recruitment Specialist duties to assist and support: compensation, benefits, recruitment, employee relations, worker’s compensation, leave of absence and HR administration activities. Spanish language skills are required.
JOB DUTIES (include but are not limited to the following)
- Manage full-cycle recruiting for positions at all levels.
- Onboard new hires and temporary workers, ensuring minimum requirements are met, proper documentation is provided, etc.
- Assist in such areas as employee relations, leave of absence, workers' comp, benefits and general HR administration.
- Originate and maintain up-to-date and accurate HRIS information for all employees: employee personnel records (application, background check information, policy acknowledgments, AA/EEO, wage changes, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, etc.), training records, and medical records.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and yearly reports, such as headcount, new hire, termination, AA/EEO/VETS, benefit statements, PCC training requirements, census data surveys, wage surveys and other projects as assigned.
- Prepare employee communication material and maintains company bulletin boards with required postings.
- Maintain accurate and current information in employee’s personnel file and in computer system. Organize and maintain department files, both physical and electronic, in an accurate, orderly and efficient manner.
- Respond to verifications of employment.
- Terminations: create termination packages, conduct exit interviews, process transfer forms as needed, and ensure all termination notifications and paperwork is complete per regulations.
Other HR related duties as assigned or needed
- Manage the recruitment process for all level positions, which includes sourcing candidates (placing employment ads internally and externally, establishing relationships with schools/colleges, engaging employment agencies, etc), pre-screening candidates, scheduling candidate interviews, and conducting background checks.
- Maintain applicant tracking log, notify and disposition candidates on status, and update applicant tracking system.
- Provide appropriate employee onboarding covering policies and benefits.
- Act as liaison between employees and supervisors/managers on general employee relations issues; works closely with HR Manager and plant supervision to take actions necessary for resolution of issues; escalating issues as appropriate.
- Provide day-to-day communication with employees regarding new or revised company policies and upcoming events/activities to engage employees.
- Administers employee feedback sessions and communicates responses as appropriate.
- Arrange, organize and run employee appreciation events and social activities.
- Review, modify, and Implement and administer HR policies and procedures.
- Manage and administer employee development programs including new hire orientations and training plans.
Performance Management and Compensation:
- Originate and maintain current job descriptions for all positions.
- Provides coaching and guidance to supervision on routine performance related issues.
- Work with management to administer employee performance review process to ensure all reviews are completed on-time with accurate input.
- Administer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, uniform and various other benefit programs; working with carriers on plan enrollments, terminations, changes, resolution of billing issues, etc.
- Resolve benefit issues and act as a liaison between carriers and employees.
- Manage employee termination process and COBRA administration.
- Administer 401(k) as appropriate.
- Process all benefit invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Mange, document and support the administration of leave of absence programs including but not limited to FMLA, CFRA, STD and worker’s compensation.
- Maintain workers compensation claims and return to work program. Completes initial reporting, accident investigations, communicate employee work restrictions, claim adjuster correspondence, tracking and claim review analysis for settlements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience as HR generalist or in HR field required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is REQUIRED; PHR or SHRM certification, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and California Labor Regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and adjust to last minute changes.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex situations and make sound decisions through critical thinking.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, team-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities in a fast pace environment.
- Minimum intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional-level Bilingual Spanish skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Confidential and ethical.
In today’s competitive environment, successful companies are getting ahead of the pack by operating their businesses more efficiently. At HRCS, we support the continuous demand for qualified Human Resources Professionals to staff our Clients’ Projects and Direct-Hire needs, providing strategic and on-demand contributions to achieve organizational success.
We look forward to working with you!