We are looking for a personable, Board Certified pediatrician who is able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The qualified candidate should be able to engage with their families and patients and easily create a rapport that fosters a healthy doctor-patient relationship to promote an optimal healing environment. The qualified candidate will be expected to see approximately 4 patients per hour Monday through Friday. No weekend office hours. The weekly call schedule will include rounding on our newborns in the local hospital approximately one morning a week and one weekend per month. Overnight call will consist of taking calls from the hospitals one night per week and being secondary call for patient calls. Primary call for patients will be handled by our ARNPs.
Comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package including base salary commensurate with experience and the opportunity for productivity bonuses after the 1st year. In addition we have a profit sharing retirement plan and health insurance for the employee.
Part time hospitalist:
The qualified candidate will be required to round at our affiliated hospital M-F when there are babies present. Once every 4th weekend and during 2 of the 6 major holidays. Typical census is 1 – 3 babies per day. The qualified candidate must also be skilled in newborn circumcision.
Holiday schedule is split between the employed physicians and typically you would be scheduled to round for one “Summer” Holiday and one “Winter” Holiday. Currently, our office is closed on the 6 major holidays: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Serves clinic and hospital patients by delivering urgent and chronic care; may provide consultation services; is the team leader in the care of the patient.
Reports to: C.E.O of East Lake Pediatrics, P.A.
· Provides consultations by examining patients; reviewing medical records, reports, and logs; researching information; developing conclusions and care recommendations.
· Provides quality assurance services by pre-screening cases requiring review by the quality assurance committee.
· Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient care information confidential.
· Updates medical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
· Enhances community and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Maintain PCMH standards
· Supervising ARNPs and Nursing Triage calls.
· Normal newborn nursery care and male circumcision
Board Certified, Newborn Circumcision, Clinical Skills, Medical Teamwork, Dealing with Complexity, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Pharmacology, Bedside Manner, Administering Medication, Listening, Problem Solving, Acute/Critical Care, Pediatric Health
We are a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE