Director of Quality and Safety
Are you a strong leader in a manufacturing environment focused on quality and safety? Are you looking for the unique position where you can carve a niche and make an impact with an established, successful company?
If so, the opportunity to investigate the Director of Quality and Safety with Protectoseal is in order. Protectoseal, located in Bensenville IL, is an industry leading manufacturer of environmentally sensitive safety products.
The position offers the potential to combine your knowledge of quality and safety to lead the company to the next level.
If the idea of having an independent role, leading a small team, and being involved with decision making is intriguing to you, then we should talk. Send us your resume today. We look forward to speaking with you.
For more information, please read below.
About the Job:
The candidate needs to be a committed, driven leader with extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with manufacturing quality and safety. The Director of Quality and Safety manages and develops all operations and activities in quality and safety. The candidate must be forward-thinking in regard to coordination of processes, leadership and maintaining compliance in the areas of quality and safety.
- Maintain ISO and ATEX Certification processes at all facilities.
- Work with integral teams to ensure full compliance with customer quality expectations.
- Develop and maintain the organization’s health and safety programs at all facilities.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA guidelines
- Develop safety processes into manufacturing operations.
- Pursue a Continuous Improvement philosophy by adding input to Production, Engineering and Purchasing regarding quality related improvement opportunities.
- Educate all associates of appropriate safety procedures, policies, and programs.
- Participate in new employee orientation.
- Participate in product and process review and development.
- Implement, monitor, and assess, production performance using statistical techniques, as required and ensure the generation of required reports on a timely basis.
- 10 years of Quality and Safety Leadership experience.
- Engineering or Business degree mandatory.
- Experience with Quality is mandatory.
- Experience with Safety is mandatory.
- Metals manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- Management supervisory experience is mandatory.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed.
- Experience in navigating and utilizing an ERP system; advanced knowledge of MS Office products.
- Analytical approach and ability to be a reference to the leadership team.
HR Value Partners, LLC