A Medical Clinic in the Houma, Louisiana area is currently in need of a Medical Assistant to join their team. The person chosen for this role must be professional and have previous medical assisting experience.
- Performs patient care responsibilities as assigned
- Take and record patient medical history and vital signs
- Set up patient for various exams, and accompany them to their exam/procedure room
- Assist physician during exams
- Comprehensive understanding of medications
- Obtain pre-authorizations when necessary
- Sets up instruments and equipment according to department protocol
- Answers calls and return calls in a timely manner
- Sends/receives patient medical records and abstracts new patient records
- Completes forms/requisitions as needed.
Routine administrative functions such as:
- Greeting patients/visitors, answering calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining/scanning patient medical records
- Use of practice management software
- Use of email
- Ability to complete medical forms
- Understanding of patient confidentiality
- Orders, sorts and stores supplies following established department policy
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Previous medical assisting experience
- EMR experience preferred
- Epic experience preferred
- Excellent, organizational, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required.
- Ability to multi-task is essential
Qualified Candidates are encouraged to apply.