MARKING SPECIALIST - IMMEDIATE HIRE
JANSON is seeking an experienced Marketing Specialist with strategic planning capability to work full-time on a client site in Alexandria, VA. This position requires a professional who is knowledgeable of and skilled in all aspects of the strategic communications domain with experience in communications strategy, planning, messaging and outreach strategies targeted to internal and external Department of Defense audiences. Candidates with a background in strategy, writing, communications planning and client engagement are strongly encouraged to apply. ACTIVE Secret Clearance is required.
- Strong Public Affairs background
- An understanding of strategic communications planning, strategy formulation, and tactical communications integration and products
- Excellent communicating, writing, strategic thinking and planning with strong problem-solving skills
- Compose written content for client deliverables
- Developing and executing communication strategy planning and messaging management functions that drive communication service and product development
- Communications experience in supporting Department of Defense, Depart of Army and or other government organizations
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate strong strategic communications skills, including organizational communications, public relations and public affairs, risk and crisis communications, public outreach, stakeholder management and communications metrics and measurement.
- Serve as a communications liaison on assigned strategic communications contract producing and managing deliverables of the highest quality.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of assigned communications programs task(s) that support(s) the client service objectives
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the client, service team, and peer communications strategist
- Maintain awareness of current strategic communications tools and techniques used within the communications practice
- Recommend communications strategies and plans designed to achieve client goals and objectives.
- Participate in the preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, as required.
- Adept at assuming responsibility and ownership of their work.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6-8 years experience working
- Bachelor's Degree
- SECRET Clearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills, including experience using MS Office products, MS Project (or equivalent), web browsers and other technology resources
- JANSON provides a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life and a retirement plan.
Job Type: Full-time
JANSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer