Our client is a successful SAAS (software as a service) company based in West Los Angeles. They are profitable and growing at over 100% per year, have extremely high customer satisfaction with a renewal rate that’s close to 100%, and focus their product on being a great value, easy to use and easy to manage. Their customers are really happy!
The Company has an immediate opening for a Senior Full Stack Developer with an AWS background to design and implement improvements and new features for its web-based customer-facing application. The position requires a developer to comfortable in both web and back-end applications, including requirements gathering, architecture, HTML/js coding, UI & interaction design, full scale testing and maintenance.
Compensation, Benefits, and Work Culture
Our client takes pride in creating a great place to work. They are not your typical software company with things like fancy meals, ping pong tables, and other “perks” designed to keep you in the office for all of your waking hours. Instead, they want you to put in eight quality hours of work each day and then go live your life! Generally the company’s developers spend less than 1 hour per week in meetings.
They are a big believer in work/life balance, self-development, and supporting their local community and have designed their comp and benefits package to support these beliefs. Some highlights:
- Base salary of $160,000 with the expectation that a typical work week is 40 hours. This is set off at the 90th percentile of Bay Area salaries for equivalent positions.
- Work where you want (your home, the Company’s West Los Angeles office, or anywhere you’d like)
- $1,000/year Continuing Education Allowance - If you’re interested in taking classes to learn something new or further develop a skill, they’ll cover $1,000 annually. It doesn't have to be something directly related to your career. The point is to learn something that you feel enriches you as a person.
- Charitable Gifts Match - when you donate money to a qualified charity, the Company will make a matching gift to that charity on your behalf (up to $1,000/year).
- Health Care Plan [covering you and your family] (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Design, implement, maintain and support full-stack application systems
- Work with a highly dynamic team to deliver end-to-end solutions for business processes, using web technologies, databases and server platforms.
- Design and develop high quality, scalable, robust and reusable code and components.
- Deliver solutions that perform seamlessly across different web browsers and mobile platforms.
- Work closely with the architect and other developers on software architecture, design, dependencies and code maintainability.
- Support and maintain the existing application, and launch new features and enhancements and communicate with stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise in using efficient technologies, methodologies and design guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates should have 7+ years in professional experience in commercial software development, installation, enhancement, maintenance, unit testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution of the applications.
- AWS experience
- Django/Python/Django Rest framework
- jQuery, JSON, AJAX, WebAPI
- Working experience with jQuery UI and similar JS libraries
- Unit testing, Git
- Strong security focus and understanding
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Development of tools leveraging Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with building integrations (SalesForce, SAML 2.0, Zapier, DocuSign, etc)
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- A strong focus on user-experience. This is our lifeblood.
- Strong communication and documentation skills,
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Team player that thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Desire to be a bigger fish in a smaller (quiet) pond
- Self-motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity with the ability to work autonomously