Our client is looking to hire an experienced finance leader with a strong operations background. The CFO will report to the CEO and oversee the accounting, finance, and operations functions. In addition to a strong CFO background, the ideal candidate will have held operational roles as various points in their career, have excellent organizational skills, and be able to thrive in a constantly changing work environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with Senior Executive team on long-term plans for company growth. Develop business and operating plans that align with strategic goals
- Direct all budgeting, forecasting, finance, accounting, and cash management functions
- Credit & Collections. Work with clients owing significant amounts. Evaluate client opportunities specific for credit terms, payment agreements, order/product confirmation.
- Billing / Freight: Oversee client billings, assuring revenue, freight and tax correctly passed on
- Oversee A/P processes, assure for accurate coding and application; sign checks; review all expenses
- Oversee the Company’s technology infrastructure and work in close partnership with the Director of IT on implementing upgrades and new systems
- Champion the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of organizational management protocols, practices, technologies, and tools
- Tax compliance. Work with Controller on all tax reporting (income, license, property, sales/use, payroll) and associated audits
- Contracts/Legal: evaluate all agreements: NDA’s; client agreements; vendor/sourcing; events, contractor agreements
- Financial Statements / Reporting: Oversee accounting with Corp Controller; monthly reporting; ad hoc reports; client; Pro Forma for evaluating hires/acquisitions. Manage integrity of financial accounts
- Banking: Oversee loan agreements/annual renewal; credit card merchant accounts; services rendered and reporting. Sign checks and authorize ACH / wires.
- Provide reports for quarterly BOD meetings, serve on the BOD in discussion of all topics, while focusing on Financial review, cash management, litigation/tax audits and other fiscal areas.
- Direct annual insurance renewals; partner with HR on management of 401K and employee benefits plans
Required Skills and Experience
- 15+ years in financial leadership roles and 5+ years general management/operations management experience
- Business or Accounting degree required; Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred
- A high degree of comfort working directly with clients and salespeople
- Outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing work environment with a lot of custom-designed customer solutions
- Proven experience in strategic planning and business development
- Proven experience with successfully managing complex budgets
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication; comfortable delivering presentations to board members and executive management teams
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to develop trust and credibility, lead by example, and motivate high-performing teams
- Excellent management skills, including the ability to supervise multiple disparate teams and develop talent
- High level of energy and ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic business environments
- Exceptional time management and ability to problem solve under pressure