Our client, a day camp in Huntington, NY, is looking for a full-time Camp Director. Located on 18 magnificent acres in Huntington NY, the Camp has been family owned and operated for over 65 years. The day camp provides children ages 3-15 with summer fun between the hours of 9 and 4. As well as typical children, the camp has an integrated program geared toward children on the autism spectrum.
- Provide excellent customer service to camper families
- Develop campers' judgment, personal responsibility, self-esteem, and confidence
- Establish a camp community that fosters teambuilding and social development
- Enhance campers' physical and outdoor skills while inspiring children towards an outdoor, active lifestyle
- Uphold excellent appearance and cleanliness standards at physical camp location
- Manage a team of staff
- Observe staff performance, oversee evaluations, and provide feedback to develop staff members' skills
- Organize & lead staff meetings. Provide professional development for staff
- Oversee safety & risk management for courses and the camp program. Responsible for participant screening
- Create the weekly camp schedule
- Thoroughly understand emergency action plans and help implement procedures if necessary
- Assure that First Aid Forms and Incident Report Forms are completed when applicable
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Education/Special Education preferred)
- Experience working with Children, both typical and those with special needs
- Successful track record leading a team, providing motivation and positive feedback to foster team building
- Experience both attending and working in the camp setting
- Strong organizational skills, follow through and holding staff accountable
- Marketing experience
- Strength generating ideas, planning and successful execution of those ideas.
- Strong business acumen, understanding financial controls, budgets, balance sheet and income statements.