Compliance & Research Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $64,000 to $71,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
The Compliance & Research Specialist will be responsible for understanding how payroll calculations need to be configured, based on regulations, and validating that those calculations are implemented correctly in our web-based payroll application. These payroll calculations include all kinds of taxes (federal, state, local) as well as benefits, PTO, and overtime. This position seamlessly brings together the disciplines of compliance, research, auditing, and testing of data.
This job could be perfect for you if you are a recent graduate, and have interest or experience in any of the following:
Mad math skills
Translating information into simple code
Writing simple code
Researching on the internet...lots of research
Analyzing why things don't work
You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work closely and proactively with the development team and numerous functional teams across our organization.
- Be highly effective at researching and interpreting local, state, and federal regulations and converting those into calculations and formulas in our payroll application
- Continuous monitoring and research of local, state, and federal regulations
- Convert regulation changes to simple math and integrate into the payroll system
- Responsible for testing the data, and auditing
- Audit sample data against regulations and identify any inaccuracies or discrepancies
- Add items and pay codes to the system
- Generate sample data within the application
- Consult on new feature designs to ensure compliance and practicability
- Give final approval for calculations for each software publish
- Stay current on new payroll regulations
- Convert new or updated regulations to actionable updated tasks
- Ensure that electronic employment forms used by the application remain current
- Export files for upload to outside vendors
- Provide payroll calculation support, when necessary, for other departments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years’ experience with software testing, compliance, research, auditing, or any combination of these skills.
- Exceptional logic and math skills
- Deep understanding of applicable federal, state, and local payroll and related tax laws, regulations, and statutes.
- Proactively maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Have a strong balance of aptitude and a get-it-right attitude
- Ability to work independently, and driven to meet deadlines
- You must be driven and motivated for data accuracy, research, analysis, and auditing and testing
- Ability to work cross functionally
- A great sense of accuracy and problem-resolution skills
- An upbeat attitude: ability to seek out and implement best practices
- Demonstrated passion and experience in a rapidly changing business environment
- In-depth knowledge of ever-changing compliance requirements and standards
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Effective research and professional networking skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Specializing in Employment/Payroll Outsourcing, On-site Staffing Program Administration and Human Resource Consulting Services, we employ experienced Human Resource and Talent Management professionals to provide our clients with outsourced human resource services.
Through offering a work environment founded on learning, positive business principles, ethics and relationship building, the average tenure of our internal staff is 12+ years HRO is a fantastic place to work for those who want a long term and rewarding career.
ScienceView all jobs at HR Options