HR Consultant - Operational
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Operational HR Consultant
For over 30 years, HR Options has provided highly personalized HR support and outsourced employments services aimed at identifying and filling supplemental human resource needs for clients throughout the U.S. and Canada. Whether augmenting an HR department or as a complete outsourced employment solution, our suite of services and experienced professionals navigate through complex and ever-evolving employment regulations. Learn more at www.hroptions.com.
This is a full-time, salaried position. It is also a hybrid position where you will work from home, and be required for on-site client interaction, once COVID protocols permit it. You will also need to come to our Concord office occasionally.
The HR Consultant provides HR support to dedicated clients with tactical hands-on work in; federal, state and local compliance, employee relations, COVID protocols, leaves of absence, compensation, employee discipline issues, onboarding, benefits, and performance management. Must be able to write policies that are compliant with existing laws, and provide interpretation of related policies, procedures and practices to clients; and provide just-in-time information as an expert on many HR related issues. Serves as a direct point of contact and works closely with clients to conduct internal audits and ensure compliance with various policies, laws and regulations.
- Draft, roll-out and oversee HR related policies and procedures and advise both employees and management regarding processes, and documentation.
- Analyze employment related regulations at the State, Federal and City level. Find resolution for compliance related concerns.
- Assess level of compliance with personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
- Manage leave and benefits administration, including compliance, procedures, and day to day tasks.
- Act as a liaison between client management and their employees on general HR related issues.
- Write position descriptions, and ensure FLSA classification compliance.
- May interact with Client Management to create and conduct training to ensure compliance.
- May conduct research including benchmarking, legislative and regulatory tracking and review.\
- May interface with payroll department and manage HR related payroll tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to manage, at times, heavy workload for clients that are diverse in needs, culture and work style.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse client base.
- The ability to master many HR related issues, for numerous clients, with patience, calm, and the utmost professional demeanor.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City employment laws and regulations, and employment policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of compensation administration principles and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare and present training programs and materials.
- Knowledge of FMLA, ADA, CFRA, policies, procedures, and practices.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, or related Business Management field.
- Must have at least 6 – 7 years of HR Generalist, HR Manager or similar experience.
- PHR, SPHR, or HRCI certification preferred.
Specializing in Employment/Payroll Outsourcing, On-site Staffing Program Administration and Human Resource Consulting Services, we employ experienced Human Resource and Talent Management professionals to provide our clients with outsourced human resource services.
Through offering a work environment founded on learning, positive business principles, ethics and relationship building, the average tenure of our internal staff is 12+ years HRO is a fantastic place to work for those who want a long term and rewarding career.
1401 Willow Pass RoadConcord, CA
BusinessView all jobs at HR Options