Book Fair Delivery Driver
Class B CDL w/air brake
Scholastic Book Fairs is looking for committed drivers for deliveries and pickups of books and supplies that help children become lifelong learners. Scholastic Book Fairs Drivers return home same day and will travel in city, suburbs, and rural areas. The pickup and delivery requires the loading and unloading of company trucks at both Branch and Schools, utilizing all safety procedures during this process. Our drivers obtain their daily manifests and inspect their trucks and equipment prior to leaving the Branch.
These positions offer medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and the possibility of summers off.
Qualifications - External
All candidates must be the minimum of 21 years of age, possess a valid Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement, and have at least 1 year of commercial driving experience, High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as required. The ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull metal bookcases (on wheels) weighing more than 350lbs on a regular and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exceptional customer service with good verbal and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1) year required.
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess valid CDL license with air brake endorsement.
- Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as required.
- Must be able to drive vehicle weighing up to 34,000 GVW.
- The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, and occasionally climb
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs.
- Push and handle rolling metal book cases weighing a few hundred lbs. on a regular and repetitive basis.
- Transport boxes of books up and down stairs. Box weights are approximately 25lbs and 100lbs when transported on provided dolly. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Certain routes may require overnight stays.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read.