RN Supervisor/DON needed for Senior Care facility in Chicago
The duties and responsibilities of a nursing supervisor include:
- Nursing Supervisor is required to direct the activities of the nursing staff members.
- Nursing Supervisor needs to schedule the daily nursing tasks for the nurses and other nursing staff and ensure that they adhere to the schedule.
- Nursing Supervisor is required to give essential training to the new nursing staff.
- Nursing Supervisor needs to ensure that the patients are taken care of properly by the nurses.
- Nursing Supervisor needs to ensure that the hospital premise is kept clean and tidy.
- Nursing Supervisor needs to ensure that the nurses provide timely meals to the patients.
- Nursing Supervisor needs to coordinate with the doctors and the nursing staff.
- Nursing Supervisor needs to evaluate the performance of the nursing staff and give them feedback.
- Nursing Supervisor prepares performance reports of the nurses.
- Nursing Supervisor is involved in working upon improving the nursing care facilities.
Nursing Supervisor Skills and Specifications
Nursing supervisor requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Nursing supervisor is required to have good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Nursing supervisor needs to have good leadership qualities and supervisory skills.
- Nursing supervisor should have knowledge about the various medical terms as well as medical facilities.
Geriatric experience preferred.