Outside Plant Designer
- Posted: over a month ago
The OSP Designer is responsible for preparing and updating digital data maps for client fiber optic and other forms of communication networks. The Designer will import field data into our GIS-based design software and work with engineering staff to complete preliminary and final system designs, including map books, plan and profile and permit applications for construction phase services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintains maps of the communication system, which accurately show location of all consumers, lines, devices, roads, and other background details. Knowledge of all phases of OSP design & familiarity with fiber placement & splicing techniques required.
- Create and execute work orders to include plans and specifications for OSP facilities while meeting quality, time and budget constraints.
- May perform field checks, including the collection of GPS data, as necessary to verify line locations for new and existing facilities. Remedies, under close supervision, any GPS/GIS errors prior to transfer to mapping system.
- Collaborate with others (civil authorities, clients, contractors, project managers, other engineers, designers, drafters, administration) to devise best network solutions, assist in permitting, and obtaining right-of-way use approval.
- Designs cost effective line setup and staking specifications and cable and line extensions using GIS and CAD, along with associated integration software including designing and developing OSP equipment installation, modifications, and upgrades.
- Assists with job estimating activities and prices out job components.
- Assists with as-built changes and updates to drawings and map databases.
- Knowledge in SQL, Python, C++, Microsoft Access experience preferred. Ability to analyze spatial data for communication providers and translate into appropriate GIS reports and thematic maps.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum associate's degree (A. A.) or two-year degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
- 0-2 years’ experience with GIS databases and editing using ESRI ArcGIS based software including use of ESRI software and Global Positioning System (G.P.S) units for data collection.
- 1 year experience creating designs in Civil3D or other CAD-based systems is strongly preferred as the position may also work with civil/infrastructure design for other units of the company.
- Experience with O-Calc or other Pole Loading Analysis software is a plus. Experience using 3-GIS design software is a plus.
Not only does HR Green provide you with a place to grow, thrive, and enjoy your work, but we are also dedicated to delivering a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits package. Visit our website for detailed total rewards information.
$46,000.00 - $75,000.00
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and geographic work location. The total annual compensation package may consist of a base salary and eligibility to participate in our performance and discretionary incentive bonus program(s).
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
ManufacturingView all jobs at HR Green