- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 1-5 year experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment
- Professional certification with ASQ (American Society for Quality) preferred
- Ability to read, interpret, create drawings in digital format. (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.)
- Ability to define problems, drive to root cause, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills
- Experience with AS9100D / ISO Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of MRP system (EPICOR) preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct process audits on a regular basis. Make recommendations for any improvements. Follow document control process.
- Responsible for reviewing specifications and making appropriate recommendations to the team.
- Performs contract reviews, reviews customer requirements, and ensures that they are met and flowed down to suppliers.
- Collaborates with Management, Engineering, Purchasing, Production Control and Quality Control Departments to support compliance to customer contract requirements.
- Conduct time studies for continuous improvement.
- Participates and Leads root cause analysis (RCA) and corrective action activities.
- Supports implementation of containment and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Become VTI’s AS9100 continuous improvement representative.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Designs systems by which production quality can be checked in an ongoing process.
- Assist with any improvements, maintenance, or upgrades to our AS9100 Quality Management System
- Leads and drives compliance efforts of AS9100D advance QMS.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Supports and contributes to the implementation of Management Review requirements
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data, making recommendations.
- Interface with suppliers over quality related issues. Build lasting supplier & customer relationships
- Hold Suppliers accountable through Supplier Corrective Action process
- Involved in and supports supplier approval and evaluation process
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies such as American Society of Quality.
- Mentorship for 6S team.
- Mentorship for Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering activities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Uphold the Company’s core values.
- Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor
ManufacturingView all jobs at HR Direct
Get fresh Production Quality jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.