This role is located in Rensselaer, IN
Are you intellectually curious with an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you enjoy working independently and within teams to create innovative products? Do you want to work for a growing organization? Do you want to be a part of a Company who cares about your opinion and future?
Then, we have a place for you!
The Company is a growing manufacturer delivering market leading quality and innovation for the filtration industry. Every filter serves a specific purpose, from removing contaminants from water to preventing particles from entering an engine. The wrong filter can have a detrimental effect on the environment, the efficiency of machines and equipment, and even the safety of workers. That is why the team is dedicated to putting customers first, having an entrepreneurship mindset, having an innovative culture, and cultivating relationships by never compromising on integrity and providing the finest filtration solutions. Come join a growing company where your expertise matters!
What We Offer:
- Creative, innovative, collaborative, and flexible work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive pay programs
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Other Fringe Benefits
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You'll Do:
As the Plant Controller, you will direct, lead, and execute on Accounting & Finance activities that will ensure accuracy, timeliness, compliance, and controls are in place to allow the business to grow and reach their financial goals.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Manages the flow of manufacturing transactions through ERP systems ensuring they are done accurately.
- Manages significant business investment program in capital and people to meet business goals and objectives.
- Researches and develops new processes to create efficiencies within the team.
- Performs monthly and annual closings including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations and financial statement preparation and analysis to present important data to executives.
- Manages the accounts receivable collection process and assists with any customer delinquency issues to ensure on time collection.
- Directs physical inventory observations, supports the purchase of inventory to limit obsolescence, and works with Operations Leaders to lower material cost.
- Partners with Operations personnel to manage and reduce variable costs including overtime and unassigned labor, tooling and supplies, and equipment maintenance.
- Researches, reviews, and updates policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance in all related areas, integrity of the systems, and segregation of duties, that ensure best practice business and financial processes.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred; can be an Associate's Degree in Accounting with 3 plus years of direct technical Accounting experience.
- Experience: 3+ years of Plant Controlling and some leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. Strong knowledge of Lean Accounting and Inventory Management is essential.
- Certifications: CPA not required but is a plus.
- Functional Skills: Strength in the ability to research, plan, prioritize, and execute on project and tasks in an effective way; highly process-oriented and strong with details; Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to review and analyze large amounts of data; solid math and project management, corporate and business reporting, and summation skills are also required.
- Technology Skills: Proficient with ERP systems (Great Plaines or Business Central preferred), Microsoft Office (especially with Excel), and other software programs.
- Language Skills: Solid verbal and written communication skills. Able to present, mentor, and train others.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Excellent "Lead by Example" skillset; Strong customer-focus, leadership, collaboration, and mentoring skills. Ability to speak up and provide approaches that will help drive business performance. Ability to make enhancements; conceptual thinker who can handle items independently. Compliance oriented. Able to work in a fast-paced environment to get things done.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Respectful, honest, and entrepreneurial personality who handles situations with optimism yet holds people accountable; family-oriented, collaborative, customer-focused, professional, and kind in all work connections and activities
Other Important Information:
Pay/Salary: Pay is commensurate with proven expertise. Tremendous opportunity for Growth!
- And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: VP of Finance & Corporate Controller
Core Hours: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm (schedule is flexible; will work approx. 8 - 8.5 hours within this timeframe)
Typical Work Week: M-F; 40 - 45 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: 2 Admin
COVID Protocol: No Special Protocol; Individuals can wear masks if desired
HR Collaboration Group LLCRensselaer, IN
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.