Project Architect; Exempt, full-time with Benefits.
HR Anew is a full service human resources management consulting and professional services firm headquartered in Columbia, MD. Our work is grounded in innovation, thought leadership, and performance excellence as we work in collaboration with clients to recruit, develop professionally, and retain employees. We have a lucrative referral program in place. To learn more about HR Anew visit our website at (www.hranew.com). Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
We are seeking an experienced Project Architect to embark on a full-time, exempt career opportunity with our client located in Mitchellville, MD.
The Project Architect is responsible for overseeing the architectural aspects for the development of construction documents ("plans") and specifications. In addition, the Project Architect will take on the responsibility of managing various projects throughout the community to include but not limited to current renovations and upgrades in the community. The position works in accordance with established policies and procedures of the company and/or specific guidance from the Director of Sales & Marketing and/or COO to ensure a seamless transition through the entire move in process.
· Schedules, manages, and performs Design Selection Meetings with all new depositors. Assists and guides these future residents in custom selections process using the design sheet template. Communicates design selections with the Marketing Team.
· Designs final permitting papers for approval, completes production drawings, and oversees all on campus projects with new resident moving in, and current resident needs.
· Completes residence walk-through per resident request; addresses and or reports problems with construction to the Director of Sales and Marketing immediately.
· Schedules move in dates, move in procedures, and closes appointments with new residents.
· Serves as the liaison between the contractors and the company to ensure scope of work is on time and managed according to our standards of practice on campus. Utilizes facilities employees and resources as effectively as possible. Outsource services if more cost effective as long as customer service quality is not compromised.
· Conforms with the requirements of the compliance program by understanding and adhering to Kendal’s Compliance Program and Policies as they appear in the Code of Conduct and other compliance policies. Annually acknowledges review of the Code of Conduct by signature, and annually attends corporate compliance education.
· Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Motivation: Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative: Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Ability to work compassionately, show empathy, and patiently works with seniors to continue the sales process forward to fruition.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture with a minimum of 2+ years of related experience; or the equivalent combination in education and experience.
- Current Licensure as an Architect.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Ability to walk and or be on feet for long periods at a time
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for long periods at a time
Share Your Résumé with Us…
We offer competitive compensation and employee benefits package. EOE.
Submit your résumé for consideration.
We conduct reference checks, background investigations, and/or skills testing; and maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Thank you for considering career opportunities with HR Anew. We look forward to our partnership.