Junior HR Specialist, Recruitment and Staffing – Federal
Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of comprehensive knowledge of federal staffing, recruitment and placement activities? We are seeking a qualified professional for the full-time exempt position of Junior HR Specialist. You must be proficient using USA Staffing (2.0). You will be experienced in the recruitment and staffing lifecycle, e.g. consultation, recruitment and sourcing strategy, job analysis, rating and ranking, selection, onboarding, case file management/close out and processing the associated personnel action. This work is advisory in nature and will not establish client policy. This position is full time and onsite in downtown Washington, DC. near Union Station. HR Anew is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will provide support to our client in the following areas including, but not limited to:
- Provide advisory services on recruitment and placement actions, such as advice to management on internal and external recruitment strategies, sources of applicants such as the VRA Program, delegated examining unit (DEU), and other special hiring programs that emphasize affirmative action opportunities for staff positions;
- Provide advice and assistance on related staffing matters, such as merit promotion procedures, special hiring authorities, and Pathways Programs;
- Assist management in the development of job analysis and crediting plans to determine competencies, and other characteristics necessary for the recruitment and placement of well-qualified candidates in internal or external competitive staffing actions;
- Assist in developing short and long-range staffing plans, assessing employee turnover patterns, reviewing past recruitment practices, technological changes and local labor market conditions, and providing advice to managers on future staffing strategies;
- Assist with full-lifecycle recruitment from receipt of the case file; issuing the Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA); drafting and issuing certificates of eligibles for approval by the client and the selecting official, and closing out the case file in USA Staffing;
- Process personnel actions for staffing transactions, which may include accessions, promotions, transfers, etc.; and
- Other related duties as requested.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years comprehensive knowledge of federal staffing, recruitment, and placement activities.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of federal HR concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents; sufficient to provide comprehensive HR management advisory/technical services on organizational functions.
- Experience with the automated systems, Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), USA Staffing 2.0 (most recent version), and the Federal Personnel Payroll System (FPPS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or related field highly desired;
- Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) Certification preferred.
- Able to apply federal HR concepts, practices, laws, rules, regulations, policies, and precedents sufficient to provide comprehensive HR management advisory/technical services on organizational functions;
- Broad understanding of HR functions to include recruitment and staffing, selection and retention, compensation, performance management and metrics; and SES/Schedule C (executive level) programs;
- Experience with automated systems;
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Excellent written communication skills to include proven abilities to communicate effectively through e-mail, in-person, and oral presentations;
- Political savvy with the ability to develop and manage effective internal relationships, both within the organization and with internal business partners/customers;
- Good project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Proven ability to show initiative, assertiveness, and resourcefulness to address customer needs;
- Ability to bring a consultative approach to human capital and support services, policies, and strategies;
- Ability to serve as a “Solution Provider” developing a variety of ways to address issues and customer needs;
- Superior teamwork and collaboration skills;
·Dependable, accountable, and flexible – able to work onsite full time;
- Delivers outstanding customer service, and can support multiple client stakeholders;
·Self-starter, can successfully perform with minimal supervision, dependable, accountable, organized, and focused;
·Mission focused with a core value of making a positive difference by delivering great support services;
- Good organizational, time management, and follow through abilities and skills; and
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Technology and Equipment
- Advanced to expert experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint, USA Staffing (2.0) applicant tracking system, and various databases (such as document review and file management systems) is essential;
·Experience using Federal Personnel and Processing System (FPPS) is essential; and
- Ability to operate office equipment; fax, copier, scanner, and computer.
Compensation and Employee Benefits
HR Anew offers a competitive compensation and employee benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401K, vacation leave, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, career development, and more.
About HR Anew
Since 1999, HR Anew delivers integrated Human Capital Management and HR Support. Talent Acquisition, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Learning and Talent Development, and professional services’ solutions for small to large employers. Clients include government, private sector, and non-profit clients. Our proven processes and our team of dedicated and caring professionals are focused on making a positive difference in workplaces and in the lives, we touch. We are mission focused with expertise, creativity, innovation, and a philosophy of steady progress. This enables us to deliver the specific guidance, options and desired results for our clients.
Submit Your Resume for Immediate Consideration
For immediate consideration, send your cover letter and resume to Justin Holden at JHolden@hranew.com.
Note: We and/or our clients conduct reference checks, background investigations to include criminal and credit, assessments of competencies/skills; and maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace.