$13 an hour
Pulled from the full job description
- Great Work Environment
- Flexible Scheduling – Full or Part Time
- Benefits at 20 Hours – Medical Insurance Coverage (Dental and Vision Optional)
- 50% Discounted Shift Meal
- Career Growth Opportunities
- 100% Management Staff have been promoted from Team Member positions
- $13.00 per hour
Customer Service: 1 year
professional host: 1 year
Huntington Beach: CA 92648
Full Job Description
Host/Hostess/Food Runner HQ Gastropub – Huntington Beach
Full or Part Time
We are seeking Hosts, Food Runners and Bussers to join our team! You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and dedicate time to expanding our customer base to establish the restaurant's brand and reputation.
HQ Gastropub – Huntington Beach, CA 92648 Full Time (Located on PCH below the Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel next to CVS with a beautiful view of the ocean and Pier Downtown HB)
Have you ever worked across the street from the beach with an ocean view? Let me tell you more!
Hosts enjoy flexible schedules, great pay, medical benefits and discounts. HQ Gastropub is a place where people want to work, meet new friends and relate with regulars. You can create a long lasting career where all managers are promoted from within. You can dress in your own style with shades of black and grey. You create a memorable experience for every guest. We are seeking a highly motivated and service-minded individual to join our team.
Genuinely smiling at HQ is contagious. HQ Gastropub is a proud place to work; engage with above average guests, while listening to awesome music videos or nationally televised sporting events. Guests celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and dates while others wine, dine and chill.
We will provide you with a great place to work; where the food and drinks are high quality, the ambience is stylish, and the furniture is clean and comfortable. Nevertheless, the key to our success will always be our superior service. Quality, consistency and excellent service is our #1 priority. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with us.
Follow us on Instagram at hqgastropub.com Review what everyone is talking about!
HQ Gastropub Hosts hold a critical role in the guest’ experience. Hosts are part of the guest’ first and last impression; being friendly, genuine and welcoming is key. Greeting our guest’ the moment they walk through the door; properly communicating accurate wait times, to whatever is necessary; seating them to their tables in a timey manner; and if possible, acknowledging their exit by sincerely thanking them is essential. Phenomenal service is our goal; and has been highly instrumental to our success. If you have what it takes to meet all the requirements listed above, please feel free to apply.
· One year of professional host or food running experience in a high volume full-service restaurant
· Commitment to Hospitality
· Energetic, enthusiastic Individual who thrives in a busy environment while interacting professionally with guests
· Positive Attitude
· Attention to Detail
Required License or Certification
· Drivers License
· Social Security
· Customer/Guest Service Experience Preferred
· Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills both in person and over the phone
· Stand or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
· Adhere to Proper Steps of Service
· Favorable Work Relationship with Staff
· Adhere to basic hygiene procedures and grooming standards
· Reach overhead and below knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
· Adhere to scheduling, clocking in and out and break requirements
· Thorough understanding of all menu items with the ability to answer questions regarding food and drink items and preparation
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
· Follow all health and safety regulations
· Greet the guests in a friendly and timely manner or delivering their food professionally
· Welcome guest and provide them with exceptional service
· Assess guest demeanor and identify when behavior should be called to the attention of management; if showing signs of unlawful intoxication
Additional Daily Responsibilities
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by management. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team in reaching common goals.
- Anticipate new business as it arrives and greet appropriately (constant look out). Ensure guest satisfaction by checking with them throughout their dining experience, removing clutter, pre‐bussing as necessary, following steps of service and responding to their needs in a timely manner.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
HQ Gastropub is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an all-encompassing culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Qualifications and Skills
· High Level of Professionalism and Work Ethic
· Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
· Strong Interpersonal Skills (People Skills)
· Ability to Stay Calm Under Pressure
· High Emotional Intelligence
· Hourly, Full and Part Time Position
· Requires Working Varied Shifts and Weekends and holidays
· Competitive Wages
· Medical Benefits (Eligible)
· Great Work Environment
· Flexible Scheduling – Full or Part Time
· Benefits at 20 Hours – Medical Insurance Coverage (Dental and Vision Optional)
· 50% Discounted Shift Meal
· Career Growth Opportunities
· 100% Management Staff have been promoted from Team Member positions
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- professional host: 1 year (Required)
- Huntington Beach, CA 92648 (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
Why Work Here?
Great place to work, awesome atmosphere, incredible food
Huntington Beach, CA