Senior Tax Accountants prepare complex, multi-state income, franchise, excise, general corporate, individual and partnership tax returns (federal and state), payroll taxes, and property taxes in compliance with current laws and regulations for clients mainly in the real estate, retail, manufacturing, entertainment, apparel and textile industries. Each Tax Senior will also:
Positions in Los Angeles, Irvine and San Francisco.
- Review and correct tax preparation work of junior professional staff and supervise the preparation of tax returns and consolidated tax returns.
- Perform complex tax research in response to client tax matters and resolve tax issues.
- Prepare year end projects for clients, financial statement income tax provisions and related notes.
- Analyze profit and loss statements.
- Calculate special income loss allocations.
- Train, mentor and provide work direction to staff.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related equivalent.
- 3-5 years of tax accounting experience, preferably within public accounting.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices within any one or more of the following industries: real estate, importing/exporting, construction, technology, entertainment, retail, apparel and textiles, automotive and light manufacturing.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills who can interact with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Integrity within a professional environment and a dedication to team work and leadership.
- CPA certification or MBT a plus.