HPA Consulting Engineers is seeking a Mechanical Engineer, PE to join the team in our Las Vegas, NV office. This position will require providing technical leadership for the creation of construction drawings and specifications, existing system studies and master planning efforts. The qualified candidate will meet with clients, project teams, code officials, contractors, and others to address engineering issues to develop effective working relationships. Pay will Commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Proficient in fluid mechanics, valve design and selection, piping design, nozzle design, pump selection, etc
- Ability to read complex mechanical drawings
- Experience generating effective designs in a fast paced environment
- Experience with air distribution design
- Perform HVAC calculations on design concepts
- Ability to organize complex projects and sequence work
- Ability to lead design reviews, collect and edit feedback, and incorporate into designs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work closely with a diverse group of people in a team environment, including non-technical staff
- Ability to lead a team of engineers and non-engineers, managing daily tasks and identifying and elevating issues to management as required
Candidate must have the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to work cooperatively in a positive, professional manner with in-house design staff as well as interface with other engineering disciplines, architects, owners, and clients.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Takes initiative and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, creative oriented environment.
- The candidate shall be self-performing and self-motivated.
- Willingness to grow with the company and accept new challenges.
- Punctual and able to meet deadlines.