- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Pay Grade: 07
Approved By: Controller
Approved Date: 09/30/2022
Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of financial transactions, creating and preparing accurate Financial and Management reports, and identifying and developing new or enhanced work processes, systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Establishes and monitors daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual procedures that facilitate accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting
2. Analyze transactions for accuracy and authorization.
3. Reviews and posts l GL batches and individual journal entry transactions.
4. Ensures subsidiary ledgers reconcile with general ledger balances.
5. Assist in maintaining s accounting procedures, including banking and liability reconciliations, that line up with month end and year end close and reporting timelines and maintains adherence to GAAP accounting
6. Assists in the monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts prior to issuing financial statements.
7. Create and prepare monthly financial reports, automate, and streamline where possible.
8. Develop, maintain, and archive ad-hoc financial reports, charts, tables, and other exhibits.
9. Assists with year-end audit.
10. Assists with accounting process evaluation and makes recommendations for system and process improvements.
11. Work with key department personnel to resolve reporting needs; providing solutions for
12. supervisors, Directors, and executive staff. Sets work ethic example through regular and responsible attendance, in accordance with projects and financial close needs.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or a related field is desired. A minimum 1 years general business, accounting and office experience intermediate MS Word and MS Excel knowledge. Experience with Dynamics GP or other general ledger software is desireable.
Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to identify variances and trends with accounting transactions. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOT SPRINGS VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATI
AddressHot Springs Village, AR
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Entry Level Junior Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.