- Posted: 5 days ago
- $65,000 to $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
We are seeking a talented Sous Chef for a renowned restaurant located in Houston, Texas! This location is a well-known destination for locals and offers guests a unique dining experience. This position is responsible for overseeing all activity in the kitchen, training personnel, planning menus, overseeing product purchases and managing culinary budgets. Their "employee first" culture, competitive salary & benefits, and current growth plans make this a great time to join this organization!
Compensation for the role is up to $75,000 plus great benefits, growth potential, and much more!
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Organize and map out stations/duties of culinary team including the pastry department.
- Lead organization and execution of creative process and the creation of seasonal, relative tasting menus of the Mediterranean.
- Lead aspects of research and menu testing including but not limited to recipe creation, product sourcing, budgeting, and timelines thereof.
- Make regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen, pastry, prep production and other production and service employees (i.e., dish and cleaning), including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies.
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with concept and high standard expectations, nutritional needs, product specifications, quality of preparation and plating, and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing, and menu development.
- Assist operation managers in both Back and Front of house regarding equipment maintenance, plate and presentation sourcing/purchasing/budgeting, chemicals, organization, and all other culinary purchases (note: constant supervision of product space and organization thereof in a multi-unit building).
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations. Understand and adhere to costing goals while meeting high level quality and presentation.
- Set and maintain proper labor needs, functions, and budgets with chef team.
- Set and maintain proper training, mentorship, and continued culinary education with team; create programming with chef team to create mentorship program and training with lined employees.
When you’re applying for a job, you want to feel like more than just a page in a stack of resumes. You want to know that you’re seen as a person, and to be recognized for your unique talents and experience! The Horizon Hospitality recruiters are committed to making that happen, and to helping you find the next step in your career.
For over 25 years, the recruiters at Horizon Hospitality have been cultivating relationships with hospitality clients across the country, with exclusive access to confidential searches that you won’t see on any job boards. If a Horizon Hospitality recruiter reaches out with an opportunity, you know it will be worth hearing about.
Clients continue to work with us because we are committed to finding the right talent to fit their needs.
Candidates continue to work with us because we:
• Take time to understand your career direction and goals.
• Ensure that you are fully prepared for every step of the interview process.
• Provide consistent and honest communication at every step.
• Keep your information strictly confidential.
• Connect you with a exciting opportunities for your hospitality career!
HORIZON HOSPITALITY (Hospitality Executive Search)
FoodView all jobs at HORIZON HOSPITALITY (Hospitality Executive Search)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?