HORIBA is a global group of companies that develops, manufactures and provides an extensive array of analytical and measurement equipment to countries around the world. HORIBA INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATED (HII) corporate offices are located in Irvine, CA.
We are searching for an ISO/Safety Administrator / Internal Auditor to join our Irvine, CA team to ensure company performs at peak safety and quality level and compliant with ISO standards and guidelines related to quality management, social and environmental responsibility, and risk management including information security, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and operational risk. Will also design, maintain and administer the company’s safety and health program for compliance with OSHA and other regulatory standards as well as customer requirements. Will work across departments to define, implement, and reinforce processes and procedures that address risk and compliance and continued certification in ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 14001: 2015. Ideal candidate will also lead JSOX internal activities, including auditing, reporting, and, as necessary, providing support for the construction of internal controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensure continued compliance with latest Quality, Environmental, Safety and IT security ISO standards by tracking and implementing statutory and regulatory requirements, updating and overseeing company’s management systems, measuring and reviewing results and audit compliance, working with management to effect necessary change, and overseeing external audits.
· Monitor the effectiveness of the HORIBA safety program and make changes as needed in procedures, work instructions, forms, and training materials. Oversee and conduct training on all company safety programs and committees ensuring safe working environment and compliance with OSHA standards.
· Initiate internal audits including the examination of the organization’s information security risks taking into account threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts. Devise and oversee processes to capture nonconformity and enable corrective actions with proper documentation. Identify training needs and manage ISO related document control process to ensure individuals have unambiguous access to latest policy and work instruction documentation. Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues and perform root cause and corrective action investigations and implementations.
· Assist with JSOX activities of internal controls throughout the United States and Canada by communicating JSOX requirements to activity leaders, assisting them with document preparation and supporting improvements in internal controls, and overseeing audits, results, and reporting.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· Strong knowledge of ISO programs including ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001; certifications in these areas are desirable.
· Ability to actively monitor and respond to risks/hazards within the workplace and to take appropriate steps to minimize or remove such risks or hazards by communicating risk intelligence in a way that drives business decision-making.
· Demonstrated leadership, planning and organizational skills; excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills; effective verbal and written communication skills; computer proficiency and experience is training.
· Familiarity with contractual compliance obligations, contractual security, privacy and completing security certifications and reviews.
· Knowledgeable of internal controls and, preferably, JSOX or SOX with knowledge of internal financial systems, Purchase process, spreadsheets. Mathematical and analytical skills. Good verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s degree in safety or quality management, computer science, accounting, business, or related field with at least five years’ related experience, or equivalent experience. Related experience may include engineering and manufacturing safety and quality experience; information technology including information security, compliance risk management and audit; finance and accounting with MBA, CPA and/or CIA preferred.
· Strong knowledge of OSHA and regional safety standards and experience building an effective safety program in engineering and manufacturing environment.
· Strong knowledge of ISO standards and experience successfully implementing programs in manufacturing environment, including working with departments to develop, maintain and follow policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: HORIBA Instruments Incorporated offers a competitive compensation package that includes 401(k) plan with employer match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call (800) 446-7422 ext 1113 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters. To learn more about our unique culture, visit our culture page at https://www.horiba.com/en_en/company/about-horiba/culture/
Why Work Here?The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand. Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters. To learn more about our unique culture, visit our culture page at https://www.horiba.com/en_en/company/about-horiba/culture/
Our company motto is Joy and Fun!