Our North American Semiconductor group is searching for an experienced Firmware Engineer at our new R&D Technology Center in Reno, Nevada, minutes from the Sierra Nevada Mountain range. Discover more about this area by visiting https://www.visitrenotahoe.com.
The Firmware Engineer designs, writes, maintains, tests and installs firmware and software to meet customer specifications. Develops firmware in C/C++ for new products and maintains code for legacy products.
Develops software in C/C++ utilizing Object Oriented Design (OOD) techniques. Develops Windows support software in C#.
Envisions tests to acquire functional data on new designs.
Converts envisioned tests and developed software into integrated systems including software, instrumentation, and data acquisition methods.
Analyzes collected data and draws conclusions based on this data concerning suitability of the product’s performance and recommends software design modifications to enhance performance if warranted.
Develops control systems and integrates them into HORIBA STEC’s hardware.
Collaborates with Mechanical and Electrical engineering teams to deliver products on schedule and budget.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 5+ years of experience developing embedded firmware in C / C++
- Full software development life cycle experience - Requirements generation, architecture, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation, maintenance
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ and OOD skills
- Knowledge of embedded control systems, real-time event handling and communications buses (RS-485, I2C, SPI, CAN)
- Able to read schematics and use common electrical tools, such as oscilloscopes or logic analyzers, with excellent test and debugging skills.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a letter of interest describing how you meet the required qualifications.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email email@example.com or call (800) 446-7422 ext 7528 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.