If you are interested in science and technology, and in working for one of the leading scientific instrumentation companies in the world, then HORIBA Scientific would like to meet you. We manufacture and service instruments for scientists and researchers that impact everyday life. Join our team and make a difference as we explore the future together!
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of our customers’ equipment, assuring customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. You will get to work as a member of the regional team to provide efficient and cost effective service to all customers.
Specific duties include:
1) Instrument installations.
2) Instrument preventive maintenance.
3) Perform and document the installation and operational qualifications of all new instruments for the instrumentation group.
4) Resolve instrumentation issues through hardware and software troubleshooting.
5) Manage communications (email and telephone) with customers to ensure issue resolution and proper follow-up, to assure customer satisfaction.
6) Communicate effectively with manufacturing, R& D and sales teams concerning products in the field
7) Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conduct root cause analysis that will lead to product improvements
8) Participate in internal company training programs to enhance and increase work related skills
9) Train and assist other Field Engineers on complex troubleshooting and technical fixes and on complex system fixes.
10) Active participation with the sales teams and contracts and upgrades within assigned region
11) Additional responsibilities within local area as needed to support customers
I. BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or physical science, equivalent military education or Associates Degree with 2 years’ experience servicing electronic equipment.
II. Experience diagnosing and repairing electronic and mechanical equipment.
III. Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
IV. Domestic Travel requirements up to 75%
V. Occasional International travel required
Experience diagnosing and repairing scientific instrumentation including, but not limited to optical instruments including microscopes, spectrometers and fluorometers. Experience with microscopes, optics, imaging, electronics and spectroscopic techniques as well as material characterization is preferred. Additional knowledge in spectroscopic detectors including PMT’s and CCD’s and systems such as ICP, GDS atomic spectrometers, gas analyzers, AFM and Raman systems is a plus.
HORIBA Scientific, part of HORIBA Instruments, Inc., headquartered in the United States, provides an extensive array of instruments and solutions for applications across a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. HORIBA Scientific is a world leader in elemental analysis, fluorescence, forensics, GDS, ICP, particle characterization, Raman, spectroscopic ellipsometry, sulphur-in-oil, water quality and XRF. Our instruments are found in universities and industries around the world. Proven quality and trusted performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Horiba offers a full benefit package which includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Life & Disability
Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
401K with company match
Flexible Spending Account
Visit our website at www.horiba.com
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters. To learn more about our unique culture, visit our culture page at https://www.horiba.com/en_en/company/about-horiba/culture/