These positions work on an as needed basis covering swing and NOC shifts in our programs that require staffing 24/7/365. Shift hours are 3:30 pm to Midnight, or 11:30 pm to 8 am.
In our residential programs, the Substitute worker has the responsibility of working closely with residents who are progressing toward independent living. The Substitute Worker provides the daily support needed for each resident to function at the highest possible level. These supports will include emotional support, demonstrating and teaching living skills, coordinating program activities, facilitating groups, and client activities.
At our Crisis Respite Center (CRC), the Substitute Worker, will assist individuals in managing their crisis and will offer information, advocacy and referrals for continued assistance and support after they leave the CRC. The (CRC) is a program designed to provide any Sacramento / Sacramento County resident (18 years and older) who is experiencing a mental health hardship / crisis a place to go to receive support and gain hope for a resolution. The CRC is a person-centered program, providing a welcoming and non-judgmental environment for individuals who are in need of relief from the stresses of life, and who need assistance in stabilizing their mental health crisis. The individuals who come to the CRC may be experiencing a wide variety of mental health issues.
Education and/or Experience:
· Ability to work with individuals who have a mental health diagnosis. Experience is highly desirable.
· Lived experience as a mental health consumer or a family member/loved one of a mental health consumer is desirable.
· Knowledge of Sacramento community organizations and community resources is highly desirable.
· Mental health crisis intervention experience is highly desirable.
· Experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of 12-Step Programs and/or personal experience with substance abuse recovery is highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Provide own vehicle, possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet and continue to meet the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker.
· Must have at least 3 years of driving experience.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Job Requirements:
· Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings.
· Work overtime as requested and approved.
HOPE Cooperative (Formerly TLCS, Inc.) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply.