HOM, Inc. on a fee-for-service basis leads the Cheyenne Housing Authority, the Buffalo Housing Authority, and non-profit the Wyoming Housing Partnership and manages each of their housing programs.
The Housing Department Director is a key position within HOM, Inc.’s leadership team, and is responsible for leadership, planning, and organization of all operational aspects of the Housing Department, including administration and full utilization of:
- Public Housing units in various Wyoming locations,
- Housing Choice Vouchers in multiple Wyoming communities,
- VASH Vouchers in three Wyoming communities,
- Project-based Section 8 multi-family developments,
- Rural Development 515/Section 8 development,
- Bond-financed multifamily development,
- LIHTC and HOME funded developments, and
- Several market rate housing developments.
The Housing Department Director reports to the Deputy Director and Executive Director.
- Lead staff in the effective management and administration of all housing programs operations, including resident selection, leasing, re-examination of income/assets, evictions, and vacating units;
- Set metrics, evaluate, prioritize, and ensure program objectives are met; review, measure and facilitate operational effectiveness related to work practices;
- Lead and train staff to understand and comply with HUD regulations and program guidelines, agency policies and procedures, and state and local laws;
- Plan, coordinate, provide and/or arrange for appropriate and continuous training of subordinates;
- Develop and administer an intra-department process for assuring compliance with and uniform application of federal and local program policies and procedures; interpret and make decisions on the application of these policies;
- Lead by example in the delivery of high quality customer service;
- Promote to applicants, residents and the general public an understanding of each agency’s housing programs;
- Administer integrated program operations to provide quality service to applicants, residents and the public, and achieve each agency's goals; lead and facilitate staff to carry out services in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Provide staff direction; assign work activities, evaluate work performance, monitor work flow, review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures. Recommend and implement disciplinary action as required;
- Develop and maintain a system of controls for analysis and evaluation of program and staff performance,
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures, identify and recommend opportunities for improvement;
- Achieve housing department performance expectations;
- Lead the recruitment and selection process for Departmental employees;
- Collaborate with and develop professional relationships with HUD and other funders, service delivery partners, landlord associations, and other partner agencies and the general public;
- Analyze data to make informed recommendations for the Department;
- Generate reports, correspondence, and other forms of documentation;
- Create and implement marketing plans to positively promote properties to attract desirable and eligible tenants;
- Communicate effectively with other department leaders, personnel and outside organizations to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts and exchange information;
- Set the direction, create the linkages among programs and departments, lead staff, and establish the targets necessary to achieve the strategies and mission of the agency in empowering staff and promoting a work environment of service, teamwork, and respect. Direct the deployment of strategies and goals throughout the department and agency. Work respectfully and courteously with other employees, follow direction, and work effectively under stress;
- Represent the Authority in housing related grievance hearings and court hearings; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Why Work Here?
HOM Inc. and CHA is a great place to work, serve, and evolve skills in the affordable housing industry.