Manufacturing Associate - Painter
HOLT CAT Waco, TX
- Posted: 27 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Holt Manufacturing in Waco, Texas is looking for a Manufacturing Associate Painter who is responsible for loading component parts into and operating Plasma/Oxy Cut, Shear, Press, and Roll Press equipment. In addition, the Manufacturing Associate Painter will perform painting and assembly.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrate alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaborate with key internal/external resources; 3) Participate in ongoing self-development.
- Models and promotes alignment with HOLT’s Vision, Values, and Mission
- Works as a member of the manufacturing team to provide high-quality products that satisfy the customer (internal and external) and achieves manufacturing goals
- Works safely at all times and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Performs in accordance with guidelines and procedures with the proper setup and provide maintenance services that satisfy customer requirements and achieves manufacturing goals
Performs basic quality checks, checking and replacement of process consumables, and the safe loading and removal of parts from process equipment, de-slagging/cleaning of parts, and orienting/preparing parts for the next process station
- Perform painting of equipment following safety protocols and procedures
- Preferred experience: 5 yrs of professional automotive painting, 3 years industrial or Aero painting experience
Performs basic setup and utilize plasma and Oxy CNC cut machines to produce “Burn to Shape” / cut parts, loading component parts to Plasma, Oxy Cut, Shear, Press and Roll equipment
Assists with preparing components or products for paint including any preassembly, washing, masking, and staging
Learns and performs light assembly of components
Transports of materials can involve overhead cranes, jibs, forklifts, carts, magnets, and other devices · Performs basic conformance verification (inspection) of completed work to specification prior to movement to next station
Performs basic processes as outlined in Standard Work developing consistency between shifts and areas
Communicates and reports all quality defects defined by engineering specifications or manufacturing engineering in-process specifications
Performs basic performance of equipment through regular operator checks and processes (Operator Performed Maintenance - OPM)
Learns, performs and maintains the performance of equipment and work area through regular operator checks and maintenance resulting in operational equipment and work areas in good, clean and orderly condition (Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain)
Participates in Rapid Improvement Workshops (RIWs) and Kaizen events to continuously improve processes, safety, and quality
Adheres to contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
Assists with quality inspections, complete reports/documents and any other necessary paperwork and enforces required rework prior to customer
Works overtime as required by workload and customers’ needs
Requires regular and punctual employee attendance
Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write and understand work instructions, policies, and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Knowledge of equipment and dimensional tools, including their uses, and maintenance
- Knowledge of current computer software, related hardware, and machine electronic systems
- Basic knowledge in the application of paints and other finishes by brush or spray gun and light assembly
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and exhibits time management skills
- Ability to develop thinking and problem-solving skills to learn and understand the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) process
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, and equipment
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of two years related experience and/or training or equivalent experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Standard Work Safety, Quality and Process Elements related is preferred
- A significant amount of time standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, climbing, and reaching
- Constant movement and use of limbs, hands, this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina
- Ascends/descends with gradual or continuous progress by oneself, using both hands and feet and climbs up and down ladders and/or equipment
- Routinely reacts to visual, auditory, and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work
- Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue
- Frequently lifts and moves materials and equipment weighing up to 35 lbs. Work Environment:
- Requires wearing proper protective and safety equipment (PPE)
- Regularly works around moving equipment and is exposed to flashes of light from welding, and loud noise levels
- Exposure to small quantities of chemicals, dust, steam, high-pressure water, and high speed rotating equipment
- Required to perform work in cramped spaces and/or on elevated surfaces
Please note that the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbents so classified. All incumbents may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.
HOLT CAT is the authorized Caterpillar® heavy equipment and engine dealer for 118 counties in South, Central, North and East Texas. Established in 1933, HOLT sells, services and rents Cat equipment, engines, generators and trucks for construction, mining, industrial, petroleum and agricultural applications. HOLT sells Caterpillar used equipment worldwide and fabricates its own line of custom engineered products including land management products and water tankers. Additionally, HOLT is a dealer for Link-Belt® Cranes, Trimble® Heavy and Highway construction products and AccuGrade® grade-control systems.
The Holt name has been associated with heavy equipment and Caterpillar for over 100 years. HOLT CAT owners, Peter J. Holt and Corinna Holt Richter are direct descendants of Benjamin Holt, who in 1904 developed the first successful track-type tractor which he named the “Caterpillar.” HOLT CAT has come to be synonymous with quality, integrity and commitment to customer service.
HOLT CATWhy Work Here?
Employee focused, Great Benefits, and voted one of the Top Employers to work for.
HOLT CAT is the largest Caterpillar® dealership in the United States and one of the leading Caterpillar® dealerships in the world! HOLT CAT is the authorized Caterpillar® heavy equipment and engine dealer for 118 counties in South, Central, North and East Texas. Established in 1933, HOLT sells, services and rents Cat equipment, engines, generators and trucks for construction, mining, industrial, petroleum and agricultural applications. HOLT sells Caterpillar used equipment worldwide and fabricates its own line of custom engineered products including land management products and water tankers. Additionally, HOLT is a dealer for Link-Belt® Cranes, Trimble® Heavy and Highway construction products and AccuGrade® grade-control systems. The Holt name has been associated with heavy equipment and Caterpillar for over 100 years. HOLT CAT owners, Peter J. Holt and Corinna Holt Richter are direct descendants of Benjamin Holt, who in 1904 developed the first successful track-type tractor which he named the “Caterpillar.” HOLT CAT has come to be synonymous with quality, integrity and commitment to customer service.