This position requires a self-motivated, thoughtful individual with a high energy level. The incumbent of the position must maintain customer satisfaction, as well as reducing the need for our outside carriers.
This position is responsible for the safe transportation of industrial and commercial equipment to customer sites on schedule while adhering to company safety regulations as well as state and federal laws/guidelines. This position involves local and long-distance hauling of equipment and supplies as well as loading, unloading, and securing the equipment. This position will also be responsible for adhering to DOT standards/guidelines in conjunction with company guidelines. Will be responsible for completing all required documentation and maintenance files.
- Minimum 3 years heavy equipment hauling experience required
- Must demonstrate effective customer relation skills
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy
- Must be qualified, certified, and Class A, CDL licensed for vehicle operation and heavy equipment operation
- Able to obtain double/triples and tanker endorsements.
- A good driving record required
- Must be able to acquire and retain a DOT physical/medical card, MSHA certificate, forklift license, and a TWIC card
- Ability to learn forklift operations
- Must be willing to travel including overnight stays
- Must be able to learn necessary computer skills to perform the job
- Required to adapt to our safety culture
HOLT CAT is the authorized Caterpillar® heavy equipment and engine dealer for 118 counties in South, Central, North and East Texas. Established in 1933, HOLT sells, services and rents Cat equipment, engines, generators and trucks for construction, mining, industrial, petroleum and agricultural applications. HOLT sells Caterpillar used equipment worldwide and fabricates its own line of custom engineered products including land management products and water tankers. Additionally, HOLT is a dealer for Link-Belt® Cranes, Trimble® Heavy and Highway construction products and AccuGrade® grade-control systems.
The Holt name has been associated with heavy equipment and Caterpillar for over 100 years. HOLT CAT owners, Peter J. Holt and Corinna Holt Richter are direct descendants of Benjamin Holt, who in 1904 developed the first successful track-type tractor which he named the “Caterpillar.” HOLT CAT has come to be synonymous with quality, integrity and commitment to customer service.