Holt CAT is the largest Caterpillar dealership of heavy equipment in the United States. We have a full-time, 1st shift Compact Construction Equipment Field Technician position available at our North Dallas, Texas location. This position is responsible for providing high-quality repair service on Compact Construction Equipment in a field environment, in order to respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed. Worked to be perform will be on equipment such as mini-excavators, skid steers, compactors and other similar equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidates must have 3 years or greater of field or shop service tech troubleshooting and repair skills of Compact Construction Equipment; such as Skid Steers and smaller construction equipment ( mini excavators ).
- Knowledge of safe work procedures and practices.
- Must have own tools.
- Advanced knowledge of equipment and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of hydraulics, transmissions, engines, undercarriage, and electrical.
- Demonstrates proficiency with current computer software, related hardware, and basic knowledge of machine electronic systems.
- Exceptional skills in customer service
- Basic diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Planning and organizing skills to prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources
- Operation and control skills of equipment or systems
- Equipment selection skills to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate a crane and forklift, and obtain required certifications/licenses
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under fast-paced, time constraining circumstances
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, and equipment used in the mechanical repair
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
Education and Experience:
- More than one year of compact construction equipment experience required; three or more years preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- MSHA certification preferred
- Air conditioning certification preferred
- Crane/Rigger certifications preferred