Assistant Distribution Center Supervisor (Entry Level)
HOLMANS USA Oak Ridge, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HOLMANS USA, a leading supplier of Precision Computing and Printing solutions, has a full-time position open for an entry level Assistant Distribution Center Supervisor at our Oak Ridge, TN facility.
The successful candidate with exhibit the following characteristics:
- Challenger: A person who seeks out the hard projects and work and finds just the right solutions.
- Teammate: Someone who listens to ideas, shares thoughts and works together to move a business forward.
- Customer-oriented achiever: A representative with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who brings value to partnerships.
- Game changer: A persistent person who will stop at nothing to live out HOLMANS mission for Technology Excellence.
This entry level, full-time position is responsible for assisting in supervising the distribution center in Oakridge, TN by providing both out-of-town and in-town customer service by preparing and packaging customer orders based on invoices and picking tickets for shipping and delivery.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the shipping and receiving of merchandise, the picking of tickets for shipping and delivery and the preparation and packaging of customer orders as per established methods.
- Maintain internal/external customer satisfaction by meeting customer delivery metrics and by ensuring established warehouse guidelines are followed.
- Responsible for identifying process improvements that lead to higher quality, improved service and lower costs.
- Ensures that storage areas and warehouse is kept clean and tidy, which includes identifying areas where processes could be improved, and work practices amended.
- Interact and communicate with our customers. This includes federal, state, and local agencies.
- Track and report the performance of the warehouse to ensure it’s running smoothly.
- Maintain an error free, safe, and effective work environment.
- Ensure that safety measures are followed to the letter. Safety first!
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous supervisory experience in a distribution and shipping and receiving environment required.
- Experience with freight companies and their processes and the ability to resolve conflicts with providers.
- Taking initiative, being proactive and achieving results in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in JIT (Just-In-Time) processes preferred.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and business math skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Have a clear driving record.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
This job is active in nature requiring the ability to lift and safely handle 50lbs with regular bending and stooping. Most work is to be performed at the warehouse with some occasional driving which makes a valid driver’s license and defensive driving skills necessary for this position. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact positively with the public and fellow employees. Position requires occasional overtime in order to facilitate workload.
If you possess people skills, are self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we would like to meet you. HOLMANS USA is a progressive, growing company with our corporate office located in Albuquerque, NM and additional offices in Livermore, CA, Los Alamos, NM, and Oak Ridge, TN.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, life insurance and we participate in a 401(k) retirement plan.
Please visit our website at www.holmans.com. EOE
HOLMANS customers receive best-in-class services such as: national sales and service centers, dedicated inventory, customized eCommerce solutions, assets management and many other services. HOLMANS strives to to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional service and support.
AddressOak Ridge, TN