Graphic Design Professional
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of
people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence,
driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that
inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Graphic Design Professional to join our team. As a Graphic Design Professional, you will be responsible for creating graphic images for use on large scale environmental graphic design projects for a variety of clients and building types.
- Work with the Sports + Recreation + Entertainment (SRE) marketing team to conceptualize, design and produce full range of marketing materials including brochures, schedules, presentations, qualification packages, proposals, advertisements, etc. Oversee the print and production of such pieces.
- Create visually pleasing and engaging content to communicate thoughts and ideas graphically.
- Leads conceptual development and delivery of the graphic content and layout for print, signage and digital mediums while maintaining brand standards.
- Coordinate bids with vendors on printing and supervise inventory control on location and off location.
- Help train staff in the fundamentals of InDesign and other design tools and techniques.
- Design and produce brochures, logos, banners and all other promotional material associated with industry events. Work with printers and production facilities to ensure cost effective printing and production of all products.
- Research graphics and branding across the sports industry.
- Assist on project related graphics and design with architects and environmental graphics team as needed.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- Proficiency in Mac-based studio utilizing Adobe Creative Suite for design.
- Strong Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite and MS Office
- Knowledge of typography, layout, color theory, and information design.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within tight deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines and adjust when directions shift.
- Ability to work efficiently and within an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, responding to constantly changing needs and schedules.
- Strong editing and proofreading abilities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership abilities.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment and must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic or Industrial Design required.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience in AEC industry preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
Kansas City, MO